- Play a major role advancing the user experience of our products by creating new graphical interfaces as well as the supporting infrastructure.
- Work with internal and external customers in defining requirements, workflows, priorities, and features.
- Collaborate with other development teams and creatively invent new solutions.
- Design and implement high-quality software systems.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- BS with 3+ years of experience, or MS/Ph.D. with 1+ years of experience in computer science, engineering, math, or related field
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals, software design, and user interface design skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with Java/Swing
- Experience with Dojo Toolkit
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience with Agile/Lean development practices.
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.