- Designing and developing a rich desktop environment for creating web GUIs and apps
- Collaborating with a broader team to define requirements and functional capabilities for deliverables
- Implementing features using the full software development lifecycle
- Writing carefully crafted, well-tested, modular code
- Ensuring high levels of quality by fixing bugs, writing unit tests and addressing root causes
- Presenting to and participating in team design reviews
- Generally working in a highly team-oriented, agile environment
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a master's degree, or a PhD degree is required.
- Strong objected-oriented or functional programming, design, testing and debugging skills
- Experience with MATLAB is desirable
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.