Join our Customer Support Team and assist MathWorks customers with all customer service related requests. Although inbound phone work is the primary focus of this position, individuals will also be expected to support customers via email and the web.
Hours for this position are 11am to 8pm
The majority of time will be spent servicing both internal and external customer requests via the phone, email and web. This includes: requests for pricing, ordering, license modification, activation, order status, training enrollment and requests for invoices. Must be a champion for our customers. You will have direct supervision but should also be able to work independently.
Teaming activities - This will involve working with co-workers, decision making, resourcefulness, conflict resolution, and problem solving on team related issues. You will provide input/feedback that defines solutions that are best for all, and should be able to step back from issues and look at the big picture without emotion or bias, understanding that the impact of your decisions may be significant. You will also be involved in facilitating team meetings.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Bachelor's degree is required (preferably with a concentration in Business)
- Ability to identify and implement process and policy improvements
- Experience using a CRM application (preferably Siebel or Salesforce)
- Experience working in a Windows environment with multiple applications and navigation between applications to solve problems a plus
- Additional language skills: preferably Spanish
- Strong verbal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to type minimum 20 WPM
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.