This Senior Developer will be part of a team that is responsible for delivering a world-class Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) implementation. We have just started a project to re-platform our Marketing web site using AEM Sites. You’ll play a key role on AEM projects throughout the implementation and future evolution. Your role will span all aspects of the software development lifecycle and include working alongside our Marketing, User Experience, Design and web development teams in a highly collaborative environment where every individual’s input is valued.
- Design and implement solutions leveraging Adobe AEM Sites
- Translate marketing and web site needs into AEM specific recommendations and solutions
- Leverage AEM, other state-of-the-art technologies, and integration patterns to solve cross-departmental challenges
- Work in an agile, rapid development, and prototyping environment
- Drive project scope and timeline definition based on collaborative needs assessments
- Design and improve internal development methodologies around MathWorks Adobe AEM solution
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- 3-4 years as a Senior Developer, working on CMS
- 2+ years of experience working with Adobe AEM/CQ
- Experience developing applications, templates, and components for the Adobe AEM/CQ product (WCM, DAM, CQSE, CRX)
- Experience customizing workflows and integration with other enterprise systems
- Exposure to AEM Sites 6.x preferred
- Experience collaborating with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience and desire to work within a fast-paced, iterative development environment; experience with Agile a strong plus
- Ability to write complex programs, analyze code changes and make suggestions to improve code complexity for maintainability and scalability.
- Ability to reason logically and creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, and developing effective solutions while applying creative thinking in the design and development of high performing web applications
- Familiarity with basic Linux or related platform concepts and commands
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.