Our group is responsible for the core technology used in MathWorks code generation products. We are doing cutting-edge work on program analysis, language transformation, compiler optimization, and just-in-time compilation for simulation from high-level textual and graphical languages. Our optimizing compiler is actively developed by an elite team of talented programming language and compiler experts.
We are seeking a skilled compiler engineer with industrial-strength software engineering skills to help us improve our shared code generation infrastructure.
Design and implement new features in our core code generation infrastructure using your object-oriented and compiler development skills.
Deliver features using test-driven development, writing unit tests, and fast iterations.
Contribute creative workflows and tools to be used by internal and external customers.
Participate in cross-team collaboration across multiple development teams.
- Demonstrated experience in/with compiler development
- Proficiency with object oriented design
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- MS + 2 years, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Practical compiler or interpreter implementation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to dive into and work with large code bases.
- Strong abstraction, algorithmic, and software architecture skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with LLVM or other virtual machines is a strong plus.
- Experience with Simulink or MATLAB is a plus.
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.