Responsibilities of this position are to manage post-sales advanced technical support activities towards customers who are using MATLAB for performance-critical applications. This role is co-located alongside Development staff working closely with existing MathWorks customers to help with their MATLAB code. The person in this role will also work with development teams to influence product direction as well as work with the Sales team to create and maintain strong relationships with key customers. In addition, he/she will train and mentor entry-level engineers, and actively promote knowledge-sharing related to MATLAB Performance and Platform Integration topics. Lastly, he/she will perform advanced support activities for usage of MATLAB that demands optimized code performance, MATLAB integration with various platforms and environments, and general MATLAB programming.
- Provide advanced technical post-sales support and guidance on issues:
- Escalated from the technical support group
- Relating to MathWorks major accounts and strategic application or industry
- Relating to customer application knowledge and integration challenges the customer is facing
- Communicate and work together with MathWorks Development staff
- Facilitate source code modifications and troubleshoot issues involving core design aspects of the MathWorks tools
- Provide the highest customer support level complementing the standard technical support
- Work very closely with, mentor, and train existing support specialists within the Technical Support department
- Provide direct customer feedback to MathWorks development for future enhancement to the MATLAB product family.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Advanced Engineering or Computer Science degree, MS or PhD in an engineering discipline or computer science
- 3-5 years of experience with MATLAB
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (C, C++, Java)
- Experience with profiling tools and code optimization for performance
- Proven track record of innovation and creative thinking
- Excellent trouble-shooting, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using debugging tools and techniques
- Experience investigating platform integration issues in desktop applications
- Experience with at least two of: Windows, Linux and Mac OSX
- Knowledge of MATLAB Class System
- Experience with object-oriented programming
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.