Shape the way industry develops electric power systems through the use of modeling and simulation. By partnering with electrical and power engineering customers you will help them advance their ability to develop and analyze electric power systems.
In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experiences to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools for power systems engineering. You will spend most of your time working with electrical and power engineers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing systems including power generation, power distribution, and control design.
Travel can be expected up to about 30 – 40% generally throughout North America.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Develop demonstrations including programs, application examples, and simulations to demonstrate how MathWorks software addresses the needs of our customers.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations at both small and large audience venues.
- Partner with sales representatives to provide technical guidance for selling strategies toward successful achievement of sales goals.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Identify new application areas and working with development and marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience with SimPowerSystems
- Background in power electronics and power systems engineering
- Familiarity with smart grid technologies
- Experience in working with conventional or renewable energy systems
- Experience developing and verifying physical models for the purpose of control design, component sizing, and system performance evaluation
- Experience in deploying physical models for real time execution using hardware in the loop (HIL) systems
- MS or Ph.D. in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings.
Experience with MathWorks tools or other engineering tools such as PSCAD, PSS/E, PSLF, ETAP, EMTP, PowerWorld, PLECS, OpalRT, Sabre, or SPICE.
Keywords: mechanical, electrical, control systems, robotics, mechatronics, power, power generation, power distribution, power electronics, smart grid
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.