As a Software Program Manager on the MATLAB Team, you will be part of a highly skilled, dedicated team focused on delivering challenging, high value programs. You will join a growing team that nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
The Software Program Manager is a member of the software development management team and supports the planning and execution of multiple projects or programs in support of the continuing evolution of our flagship product, MATLAB. Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with extended software development teams to help them plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on building the right things at the highest levels of quality.
- Performing program analysis, manage risk, identify and influence necessary course corrections, creatively solve problems, and communicate program status and activities across multiple levels of management.
- Continuously assessing and improving the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentor/coach other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience in developing commercial software products
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them.
- Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of project and program management
- Experience with MATLAB Products
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.