Are you a passionate proponent of MATLAB? Do you enjoy sharing your passion with your fellow students? Are you adept at social media (Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogging, etc.)? If so, you may be a perfect fit for the MATLAB Student Ambassador position.
As a MATLAB Student Ambassador, you will act as a link between MathWorks and your university. You will organize events on campus and use social media to spread awareness for the MathWorks brand and products among students. You will work closely with MathWorks employees and will have a great opportunity to network with fellow students, other student ambassadors and professors. More importantly, you will also gain valuable professional experience working with a leading scientific software company.
The MATLAB Student Ambassador position requires a commitment of maximum of 5 hours per week. The MATLAB Student Ambassador will:
- Plan and organize events on campus to demonstrate the state of the art with MATLAB and Simulink
- Use social media outlets and prevalent communication channels at the university to spread awareness for MathWorks products
- Promote MathWorks presence at events such as university career fairs and information sessions
- Candidates must be pursuing a bachelor's level degree in a technical discipline.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
The candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Proficient in MATLAB , familiarity with Simulink a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for social media (e.g. Facebook)
- Undergraduate or Graduate student in good academic standing with at least 2 semesters remaining in the degree program (preferably in Engineering)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Legal authorization to work in the US
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.