This person will be an integral part of the company’s Finance and Operations Team that has worldwide responsibilities for accurately recording the revenue and deferred revenue transactions in compliance with current software and multi-element revenue recognition accounting guidance (SOP 97-2, 98-9, 81-1). The candidate will be responsible for the “entire” revenue/order cycle beginning with the sales quote and concluding with the acknowledgement of payment.
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with Sales, Sales Support, Sales Operations, Customer Service, Accounting, Operations, etc. to ensure the accuracy of each business transaction.
- Validate each sales quote with the corresponding customer order (P.O.) including license configuration, pricing, discounts, terms and conditions in accordance with The MathWorks licensing standards. Maintain the integrity of all customer, contact, and installed product databases.
- Follow all established export control policies regarding end use and end user controls. File shipping export declarations as required meeting government regulatory compliance standards.
- Confirm revenue is properly recorded by ensuring monthly cutoffs are adhered to, products are shipped, invoiced and passcodes are generated.
- Document the beginning and ending software maintenance dates for future recognition of deferred revenue.
- Maintain all pertinent documentation needed to properly invoice the customer including P.O.’s, sales tax exempt certificates, freight requirements, ship to and bill to information, etc.
- Ascertain that revenue is booked to the appropriate Sales Territory and work collaboratively with Accounting to ensure proper payments are made to the Sales organization. Administer “commission splits” using proper management channels within Sales and Sales Operations.
- Perform required Accounts Receivable functions including, credit, collections, cash receipts, credit card processing, electronic transfers, etc. Manage a customer portfolio by actively initiating outbound calls striving to maintain a DSO of < 45 days.
- Generate monthly reporting metrics and routine revenue reporting by revenue class, license type, sector, location, product, and industry
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- B.S. required with an accounting, finance, or business concentration
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, and able to provide solid audit trails
- Must possess excellent communication, organization, and follow-up skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to prioritize, and multitask to meet daily deadlines
- Proficient in a computerized environment: MS Excel, MS Word, e-mail, internet, etc.
- Credit and collection experience a plus
- High tech company and transaction database experience a plus
- Additional skills include Oracle experience, export compliance knowledge or foreign language a strong plus
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.