This individual will be required to understand and perform all aspects of Technical Support related to the normal day-to-day requests of MathWorks customers regarding Installation and Licensing. In this position you will be supporting our customers via phone, email, and web.
The Technical Support Specialist must have working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems and the aptitude to learn our software license manager (FlexNet) and licensing model. Daily responsibilities will include: troubleshooting and resolving customers' installation, configuration, and license management issues and explaining our licensing model. Project work will also be required.
This position will be interacting heavily with our Development, Customer Service, and Technical Support Groups by playing a key role in advising and implementing changes to our license model and installation process.
Hours for this position are 11am - 8pm.
- Technical Support - The majority of time will be spent servicing both internal and external customer requests via the phone, email and web. Must be resourceful, display excellent decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution skills, and show a proper amount of empathy for our customers. Must also be a champion for our customers. This person will have direct supervision, but should be able to work independently.
- Project related activities - Projects will be assigned based on individual's career objectives and departmental needs. They will be responsible for: identifying and implementing ideas for process and policy improvements; writing and reviewing solutions; and participating on cross-functional teams and pursuing their career objectives.
- Teaming activities - After three months a person should be involved in facilitating team meetings. They must also have strengths in decision making, consensus building, conflict resolution, and problem solving on team related issues. This person should be providing input/feedback that defines solutions that are best for all. They should be able to step back from issues and look at the big picture without emotion or bias with the understanding that the impact of their decisions may be significant.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree
- 6-12 months of IT/IS experience
- 1-3 years Customer Support or Technical Support experience
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows, Mac, Networking, and knowledge of License Management
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Follow through on tasks to completion
- Ability to identify and implement process and policy improvements
- Strong Customer Service Skills
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.