- Would you like to join a dynamic User Experience team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems?
- Are you passionate about the user experience?
- Are you interested in being a core member of the development team collecting and documenting user requirements, facilitating and leading user interface design, advocating for the user throughout the development process, and testing and evaluating user interfaces?
- Do you want to work with products that make the world a better place?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you.
Our user experience team has over 60 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing, and design. The user experience team members are embedded with their product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle. They are regarded as strategic business partners by their product teams as they develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products.
You will be responsible for leading user-centered design activities related to MathWorks products and/or Web applications. You will work with development teams to understand their projects' user-centered design requirements, and develop creative solutions for meeting those needs.
- Work with the development team to follow a user-centered design approach as you work collaboratively to brainstorm and design innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Make recommendations to team members about which usability methods to use to answer their questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints.
- Work closely with team members to conduct user research, identify pain points, develop user profiles and create task lists.
- Collaborate on paper and functional prototypes.
- Contribute to requirements and design documents.
- Run usability tests, conduct interviews and site visits, organize surveys, and perform other usability assessments you think are appropriate.
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback, and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- BA, BS, MA, or MS in cognitive psychology, human factors, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years as a usability engineer, information architect, user experience designer, user researcher, or other equivalent title in software design and development
- Direct experience with a variety of usability methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong influencing or negotiation skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, flexible and able to focus on long term goals
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working in technical domains
- Knowledge of MathWorks products
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.