As a C++ Software Engineer in Test you will have an opportunity to influence the design of the MATLAB Language.
In this role you will be responsible for creating automated test tools, test-suites and conducting hands-on testing for MATLAB Language features. You will participate in a project from its early design stages and play a critical role in driving it to final product release. Candidates with creative problem solving skills will thrive in this position. These features range from core foundation infrastructure to MATLAB Language’s compiler and compiler based infrastructure to language features like OOP infrastructure. You will be engaged with the following technologies, but not limited to:
- OOP programming
- Boost libraries
- Memory management
- Cross language development (e.g. C++ and JAVA)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participating in feature definitions
- Writing test plans and procedures
- Designing and implementing the necessary infrastructure, in MATLAB and C++, to automate testing
- Developing automated test suites in MATLAB and C++
- As an individual contributor in the Quality Engineering department, you will work closely with Development, User Experience, and Customer support teams.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Knowledge of MATLAB is a plus.
- Experience in profiling and/or testing for performance is a plus.
- Experience in Software Development or Quality Engineering is a plus.
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.