One of the foremost public policy research organizations in the United States, Mathematica Policy Research is leading the way in providing health care research services to federal agencies, including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
We are seeking an intellectually curious programmer our various Mathematica locations who is passionate about using data to answer research questions that influence decision making in U.S. health care policy. Individuals with an interest in confronting the challenges of processing and manipulating large, complex data sets as well as a desire to become a subject matter expert in health care data are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Working with large secondary data sources such as Medicare and Medicaid administrative claims data and survey data to effectively answer research questions about health care policy
* Interpreting requirements and specifications to develop performance measures based on cost and quality of care for evaluating the effectiveness of numerous health care policies
* Using a myriad of data sources to provide a comprehensive and rigorous assessment of the potential of creative ideas for service delivery and payment models to improve the health outcomes and well-being of patients, and to reduce spending for Medicare, Medicaid, and other payers
* Aptitude for interpreting data outputs and articulating findings to researchers and policymakers
* A bachelor's degree with a strong academic record in the social sciences (economics, public policy, sociology, political science, or government) or a related field
* 0 - 3 years of programming experience in a professional or academic environment using SAS, Stata, R, or a similar language.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. In addition, recent college graduates must provide a transcript. You will be asked to attach these materials during the online application process.
Available locations: Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn, MD; Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Oakland, CA; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.