The Valuation Services Practice (VSP) provides a comprehensive range of fixed asset valuation services. Through these core value services, VSP's main goal is to assist organizations in ascribing insurable value to their property; buildings, contents, land improvements and other insurable assets. Interns will have the opportunity to partner with senior VSP Fixed Asset Specialists, and could find themselves working on client projects that include:
* Financial reporting, fair market value estimation, Purchase price accounting
* Property tax analyses and Usable life estimations
* Client Research
* Asset based lending
* Bankruptcy and restructuring
* Proposal development
* Current Juniors with an expected graduation date of December 2017 or May 2018
* Pursuing a 4 year college degree in the following majors: Industrial, mechanical, building construction, or civil engineering or real estate
* Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.0
* Intellectual Curiosity with a strong command of verbal and written communication skills.
* Be able to show success in multi-tasking, prioritization, and meeting deadlines.
* Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point and Access Database
* Strong problem solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Authorized to work for an employer in the U.S.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
About Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (MMC) is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker, intermediary and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Kroll, the risk consulting firm; Mercer, the provider of human resources (HR) and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman Group, the management consultancy. MMC provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. MMC conducts business through three operating segments: Risk and Insurance Services, Consulting and Risk Consulting and Technology. In October 2008, MMC announced that it has formed Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC, a new business for serving the insurance needs of United States companies.