A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare - PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate - M&M'S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley - DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™- chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food - UNCLE BEN'S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks - ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™-, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™-, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience - COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Royal Canin USA is a leader in science-based cat and dog health nutrition. Founded by a veterinarian in 1968, Royal Canin has more than 40 years of experience in delivering individualized nutritional solutions. In collaboration with an expert team of nutritionists, breeders and veterinarians from around the world, Royal Canin places cats and dogs at the central point of the innovation process. The Royal Canin product line offers a range of diets based on size, age, breed, lifestyle and therapeutic requirements. Royal Canin diets are available at veterinary hospitals and pet specialty stores nationwide. Royal Canin is a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated.
Purpose of Role:
To drive accelerated growth in the Veterinary Business Pillar by achieving strategic goals through making direct calls on Veterinary Clinics and identifying opportunities which develop new business and increase points of distribution.
- Achieve profitable sales growth objectives within assigned territory.
- Utilizing strong selling skills develop and understand customer needs to increase clinic penetration and growth of RC diets.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships with key individuals within the clinic.
- Identify potential clinics and set strategies to align customers for recommending RC diets as their primary therapeutic diet for their clients/patients.
- Identify opportunities and strategies to develop new business within assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain a high technical competency for RC diets as well as competitive therapeutic diets.
- Conduct high level of customer service within assigned territory by responding to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborate with your team and other company associates to provide valuable contributions to the company and within your regional team that give insightful views from your customers.
- Effectively execute the Veterinary Business Unit sales strategy within assigned territory.
- Deliver effective sales presentations during customer meetings that result in increased sku penetration and growth.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, regional and company meetings/conference calls as required.
- Complete weekly activity reports, expense reports, and any requested information as directed by your manager.
- Manage expenses to stay within all budget areas provided by your manager.
- Effective Selling Structure and Strategies
- Financial Management
- Hospital and Store POG/Merchandising
- Execution & Measurement of strategies
- Commercial Negotiation
- Effective Customer Communications
- Category First
- In-Clinic Strategies & Tactics
- Analytical Capability
Mars Leadership Capabilities
Delivers Consistent Results
- Action Oriented
- Command Skills
- Organizational Agility
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Functional/Technical skills
Creates Collaborative Relationships
- Comfort with Higher Management
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Peer Relationships
- Personal Learning
- Outside sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in using Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Ability to travel 40 - 60%
Education / Experience Equivalence
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or Veterinary Science is highly desirable.
- 2-4 years B2B sales experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars, Incorporated is a private, family-owned company founded in 1911 and employing more than 65,000 associates at over 370 sites, including 135 factories, in 68 countries worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, U.S.A., Mars, Incorporated is one of the world's largest food companies, generating global sales of more than $28 billion annually and operating in six business segments: Chocolate, Petcare, Wrigley Gum and Confections, Food, Drinks, and Symbioscience. These segments produce some of the world's leading brands: Chocolate - M&M'S(r), SNICKERS(r), DOVE(r), GALAXY(r), MARS(r), MILKY WAY(r) and TWIX(r) Petcare - PEDIGREE(r), WHISKAS(r), SHEBA(r), CESAR(r), NUTRO(r), GREENIES(r), and ROYAL CANIN(r); Wrigley - ORBIT(r), EXTRA(r), STARBURST(r), DOUBLEMINT(r) and SKITTLES(r); Food - UNCLE BEN'S(r), DOLMIO(r), EBLY(r), MASTERFOODS(r) and SEEDS OF CHANGE(r); Drinks - KLIX(r) and FLAVIA(r); Symbioscience - WISDOM PANEL(tm), SERAMIS(r), CIRKUHEALTH(tm) and COCOAPRO(r).