A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Today in a lecture hall, tomorrow in a team striving to make our world-famous brands even more successful - impossible? Well, then you don't know Mars. But you do know what your goal is and why you want to keep developing every day until you have achieved this goal - putting your knowledge into practice in the best possible way. And should you want to do this in an environment that combines freedom and responsibility through a wide range of tasks, then we hold the key for making the most out of your studies: freedom to set trends at a global player and the trust to realize your own ideas. All this in a family corporation where success is based on the responsibility of each individual and goals are achieved together. Expand your perspective at our European Petcare Hubsite in Verden Germany (near Bremen) through an R&D task for a period of minimum 6 months:
Bachelor-, Master-, Diploma thesis project in R & D:
"Development of novel textured petfood"
Facets of the R&D task:
- Within a highly motivated project team develop recipes and design processes to realize novel textures within petfood that suit known consumer needs
- Independently planning, implementing, running and evaluating kitchen recipe and process trials in our European Innovation Center (EIC)
- Scale-up best products for pilot plant production trials, analyse, evaluate and present results to the department and senior management
- Working in multi disciplinary teams on an attractive site in an international environment where manufacturing and research facilities (EIC and Petcenter) are located together
- The chance to write your own success story in one of the worlds most successful and fastest growing branded goods company
- The freedom to develop and successfully implement your own ideas within flats hierarchies
- Attractive remuneration
- The opportunity to work with state of the art food and meat processing technologies, get insights into modern product & process development approaches, write a thesis within Mars
- Above average success in your ongoing study of Biology, Chemical Engineering, Food Science, Food Technology, Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology or similar
- Relevant internships local or international, preferable in a FMCG-environment
- Willingness to take over responsibility from day one on
- Convincing communication skills in English; thesis to be written in English language
- Self-dependent and the ability to work in a structured, analytical way
- Proactivity, flexibility and intercultural competencies
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars, Incorporated is a private, family-owned company founded in 1911 and employing more than 65,000 associates at over 370 sites, including 135 factories, in 68 countries worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, U.S.A., Mars, Incorporated is one of the world's largest food companies, generating global sales of more than $28 billion annually and operating in six business segments: Chocolate, Petcare, Wrigley Gum and Confections, Food, Drinks, and Symbioscience. These segments produce some of the world's leading brands: Chocolate - M&M'S(r), SNICKERS(r), DOVE(r), GALAXY(r), MARS(r), MILKY WAY(r) and TWIX(r) Petcare - PEDIGREE(r), WHISKAS(r), SHEBA(r), CESAR(r), NUTRO(r), GREENIES(r), and ROYAL CANIN(r); Wrigley - ORBIT(r), EXTRA(r), STARBURST(r), DOUBLEMINT(r) and SKITTLES(r); Food - UNCLE BEN'S(r), DOLMIO(r), EBLY(r), MASTERFOODS(r) and SEEDS OF CHANGE(r); Drinks - KLIX(r) and FLAVIA(r); Symbioscience - WISDOM PANEL(tm), SERAMIS(r), CIRKUHEALTH(tm) and COCOAPRO(r).