|Working for Marian Medical CenterFrom the birth of a baby through a lifetime of health care services, Marian provides a continuum of comprehensive care for its immediate community and many neighboring central coast towns. Marian welcomes new employees who share its vision of delivering high quality, compassionate health care to all served. Founded in 1940 by the Sisters of St. Francis of Penance and Christian Charity to meet the healthcare needs of the Santa Maria Valley, Marian Medical Center today is a 167-bed acute care facility with two campuses and also offers a 95-bed Extended Care Center. Marian has 1300 employees and 250 active physicians who treat more than 100,000 patients each year. Seven congregations of religious women, including the Sisters of St. Francis, sponsor CHW. Marian's specialty services include Marian Heart Center, which provides a comprehensive cardiac program that includes chest pain emergency services, and a Health and Wellness Center housing cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation. Other services include Marian Cancer Center, Marian Home Health and Hospice services, and Marian Family Birth Center. Marian also provides two community clinics focused on serving the disadvantaged, a multi-disciplinary Rehabilitation Center, a Health and Wellness Center, and an Urgent Care Center.Please take a moment to discover more about what it's like to work here. Our Work EnvironmentWe actively cultivate a rewarding work environment we call Valuing People, Purpose, Pursuit of Excellence. A key component of our philosophy is ensuring opportunities for the professional growth and fulfillment of each of our employees, through outstanding training and education options, leadership opportunities, and a genuine commitment to their long-term career satisfaction. Further, we strongly emphasize a team approach to patient care, and believe that communication between everyone on the team is essential. Our HometownLocated 150 miles north of Los Angeles and 250 miles south of San Francisco, Santa Maria is nestled in the heart of California's picturesque central coast wine country. Only 12 miles from the Pacific Ocean, Santa Maria is one of the best places in the world to call home. Residents enjoy a year-round average temperature in the 70s, the beauty of nearby beaches and rolling foothills, and a safe and comfortable lifestyle free from the traffic congestion and smog of our big-city neighbors to the north and south. Further, a stable economic base has ensured Santa Maria's standing as an agricultural, regional trading, manufacturing, and service center. Parks, fine schools, and a strong community spirit make Santa Maria an ideal place for families. Those looking for outdoor recreation can choose to golf on one of 20 courses in the area; camp, hike, or bike on the slopes of the Figueroa Mountain; or take a walk through the Rancho Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes Preserve, a spectacular area with beach dunes towering at 500 feet. Other attractions include swimming, surfing, or relaxing at nearby beaches and kayaking and windsurfing at neighboring Pismo Beach and Lopez LakeBenefitsOur outstanding compensation and benefits programs are designed to foster career satisfaction and the well being of you and your family. Highlights include:|
Training OpportunitiesWith our focus of Honoring the Call to Nursing, Marian provides an impressive array of training opportunities for the career development of nurses. These include a scholarship loan program, as well as on-site educational programs. Tuition reimbursement is available to all benefited employees in all job classifications. Looking to create new healthcare professionals to handle future needs, we've extended our education efforts into our community. We were recently honored with an Allan Hancock College 2003 Special Recognition Award for supporting nurse education at nearby Allan Hancock Community College, which offers a 4-year degree in Nursing. Marian currently funds three faculty positions in the nursing department and donates medical supplies and equipment for the nursing skills lab. Also with Allan Hancock College, we've created a new Health Academy course to be offered at local high schools to increase awareness of career opportunities in healthcare and encourage students to continue their education in a healthcare field.Specialty AreasYou'll find ample opportunity to apply your in-depth skills in one of our many specialty areas, which include the following:
- Cafeteria-plan benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employees and dependents; one of the medical plan options is provided at no premium cost for employees and dependents
- AD&D and long-term disability insurance
- Healthcare and dependent care spending accounts
- Paid vacation and holiday time-off (18 days per year for entering full-time employees)
- Employer-paid defined benefit retirement plan
- Voluntary tax-deferred savings 403(b) with employer match
- Education and tuition reimbursement
- Service awards and other employee recognition programs.
- Marian Cancer Program: Fully accredited by the American College of Surgeons, this program brings together clinical expertise and the latest technology to provide cancer care in an environment where our teams strive to meet the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of patients and their families.
- Marian Heart Center: Located in the Marian Medical Center, Marian Heart Center features a comprehensive team--including cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists, cardiologists, and specially trained nurses and other healthcare professionals--who specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of heart disease. Equipped with chest pain emergency services, two cardiac catheterization labs, a modern cardiac surgical suite, a critical care nursing unit, and cardiac rehabilitation services, this center offers a state-of-the-art environment to meet the special needs of each patient.
- Marian Family Birth Center: Marian provides a family-centered environment that allows a mother to make choices about her care and that of her newborn. Private birthing suites, comprehensive childbirth education programs, and the best in care from a neonatology and pediatric staff working with state-of-the-art technology are available.
- Marian's Emergency Department: Marian's highly trained staff handle a large volume of patients and a wide variety of cases on a daily basis. With volume and variety, emergency staff members are able to keep their skills extremely sharp, a crucial factor in emergency medicine.
- Marian Health and Wellness Center: Designed for employees and their families, this center features the latest in rehabilitative exercise accessories, cardio/pulmonary services, and fitness training and exercise capabilities. Under the direction of a physician team, a multidisciplinary staff provides structured programs of monitored exercise, diet counseling, and health education.
- Marian Imaging Services: Our full-service Radiology Department is equipped with the most advanced diagnostic imaging technology available, including the Signa Advantage Magnetic Resonance System (SAMRS). Our wide range of diagnostic and radiologic services include interventional radiology, computed tomography, ultrasound, diagnostic and nuclear medicine, breast imaging, PET scans, and cardiovascular imaging.
- Marian Home Care/Hospice Services: Marian Home Care is the largest and most comprehensive home care service in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties. Services include home health visits including skilled nursing and social services, obstetrical care, pediatric services, entersotomal therapy, diabetic education, nutritional counseling, physical, occupational, and speech therapies, home health aide services, home infusion therapy, and hospice services.
- Marian Extended Care Center: Located across the street from Marian Medical Center, Marian Extended Care Center is a 95-bed skilled nursing center that provides sub-acute care for people who need short-term, intermediate, or long-term care. Services included skilled nursing care, a comprehensive care program, therapeutic dietary services, enterostomal/wound therapy, a restorative nursing program, social activities, social services, and subacute rehabilitation.
- Marian Rehabilitation Services: This program provides the most comprehensive outpatient physical rehabilitation services on the central coast. Patients benefit from our team approach to care from a multidisciplinary staff of physical, occupational, speech, and social work professionals.
- Chamber of Commerce: http://www.santamaria.com- City of Santa Maria: http://www.ci.santa-maria.ca.us- Santa Maria Times Newspaper: http://www.santamariatimes.com- Allan Hancock College: http://www.hancockcollege.edu- Historical Museum: http://www.smvrhm.org