Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for half a century has provided market leaders with a competitive edge in data management, analytics, and technology. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Business Analytics Associate I (Intern) for our Business Analysis division. A core requirement for the position is the ability to develop detailed analytical models and subsequently translate the model results into business implications. Statistical packages such as SAS and R are utilized for data processing, manipulation, and integration as well as for model development. Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are used extensively to convey analytical results. Frequent client interaction, both written and verbal, will be required; therefore strong communication skills and the ability to build client relationships are a must. Clients span a range of industries including fast moving consumer goods, health and beauty, and pharmaceuticals.
* Use statistical techniques with significant guidance to maintain existing client models, forecasts, reports and analytical studies. May interact with clients with significant guidance from higher-level team members.
* Conduct independent and collaborative analytical work on client projects led by higher-level team members
* Maintain existing analytical code
* Test and debug analytical code
* Explain individual work and present analytical results to internal team members, and provide support during client presentations
* Develop in-depth understanding of client's product and marketing environment
* Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Quantitative Analytics, Business Analytics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of statistics, mathematics, marketing principles and current business trends
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and data management skills. Proficient with statistical methods, models, and analytics
* Organized with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Detail-oriented, with an eye for quality standards
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
* Microsoft office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
* Knowledge of analytical programming and statistical packages (knowledge of SAS desired)
* Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
* Self-motivated for continued learning and growth
* High degree of flexibility
* Accepting of change and uncertainty
* Ability to visualize data and its uses at many different levels
About Management Science Associates, Inc.
Since its incorporation in 1963, Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) has established itself as the foremost developer and supplier of effective data solutions to manufacturers and distributors within the various CPG trade channels, including the vend channel. MSA,s core business competencies are the analysis of consumer buying behavior, business analysis, knowledgeware products, media, and information management solutions. MSA provides marketing solutions for 300 clients, including some of the largest U.S. and foreign corporations and institutions. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, MSA has offices in New York; Chicago; Atlanta; High Point, NC; United Kingdon; and Malaysia.