The purpose of the position of an Oil Services Laboratory Technician is to analyze end user drain samples to determine oil quality relative the standards established by CPI and equipment manufacturer's specifications. This is accomplished by analytical measurements of the materials and comparison to specifications, maintaining instrument calibration, and accurately recording and reporting results to internal and external customers. The Oil Services group also generates reports according to the equipment manufacturer's guidelines and makes maintenance recommendations to the end user.
Essential Job Functions:
All the specific responsibilities listed below relate to the core of the position, which is to analyze end user drain samples to determine oil quality. The listing is representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Execute projects under the direction of a Chemist.
- Perform day to day analytical tests.
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography
- Inductively Couple Plasma (ICP)
- Kinematic Viscosity
- Water by Karl Fischer
- Particle Count
- Total Acid Number
- Ensure on-time, accurate, and efficient results
- Handle chemicals and hazardous waste in a safe and responsible manner
- Open all incoming samples and prepare for log in.
- Log-in all incoming samples accurately and efficiently
- Obtain missing information on samples from distributors and/ or customers
- Send customers sample bottle kits
- Up-date customer data in the Sample Master database.
- Attend and participate in monthly team meetings
- Ensure compliance with safety procedure and good housekeeping practices.
- Train all new laboratory employees on all analytical tests and the log-in process
- Check all log-in work for accuracy
- Accurately generate reports and recommendations according to Used Oil Specifications
- Place all supply orders
- Train new report writes how to accurately and efficiently write reports
- Calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair laboratory equipment
- Provide technical support for customers and distributors
- Provide a safe work environment
Supervisory Responsibility and Reporting:
- There is no Supervisory responsibility with this role
- This position reports to the Oil Services Laboratory Supervisor of CPI.