Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers' products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Legal Contracts Specialist
The Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is an innovative specialty chemical company that produces technologies that improve the quality and performance of our customers' products in the global transportation, industrial, and consumer markets. We are looking to add a Legal Contracts Specialist to our General Contracts team. This person will support 5 Attorneys and 1 Paralegal.
This Role Will be Responsible for the Following:
- Responsible for entry level tasks such as preparing contract amendments as well as other various general contract agreements under the supervision of an attorney
- Open files via contract management system as requested by attorneys and other personnel
- Organize and maintain electronic database filing system for General Contracts Group as well as various outside departments
- Respond to requests for copies of existing agreements
- Conduct and follow up on contract status
Please Meet the Below Qualifications to be Considered for This Role:
- 1-3 years of contracts experience within a legal department or legal group
- Associates Degree, Paralegal certification or equivalent
- Working knowledge of general legal concepts, terminology, and principles relating to contracts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Independent thinker who has the ability to think on their feet and confidently solve problems as needed
- Organized, ability to manage multiple projects
Considered a Plus:
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking through 129,000 acres of National Parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.