Title: Chemistry Intern - Oilfield Solutions
Division: Lubrizol Oilfield Solutions
Primary Location: Houston, Texas
A day in the life:
- Work with research scientists to prepare and develop new chemical products and/or formulations
- Running tests for surfactant research topic
- Conduct testing following provided procedures
- Document, interpret and accurately record data in the laboratory notebook
- Communicate results to colleagues, sponsors and customers and give progress reports to groups of scientists
- Follow safe laboratory practices
Who are we looking for?
- Student currently pursuing an undergraduate chemistry or chemical engineering degree at an accredited college/university
- Some experience in synthetic organic / polymer chemistry laboratory techniques
- Knowledge of basic chemical calculations (formula weights, stoichiometry, etc…)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
Any offer of employment extended by The Lubrizol Corporation is contingent upon successful completion of (1) background screening including reference verification and (2) our standard post-offer physical exam and drug screen.
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company. We combine complex specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of our customers' products while reducing their environmental impact.
We know that Lubrizol isn't a common household name to most people. So it might surprise you that our products and technologies are in things you use every day - quite likely on surfaces and in fluids in the vehicles you drive, in the shampoos and soaps you use, in a medicine you take, in the clothes you wear and in electronic devices and plumbing systems in your home.
CEO: James L. Hambrick
2014 Revenues: $7 billion
Employees worldwide: ~9,000
Countries in which we sell: > 100
Year founded: 1928
Headquarters: Wickliffe, Ohio USA
Our success stems from what we believe in:
- Rewarding our shareholders by providing a high return on invested capital.
- Providing superior products and outstanding service to our customers.
- Investing in research and development to maintain and improve our technical position.
- Insisting on honesty and integrity with customers, suppliers, all third parties and with one another.
- Treating each employee with dignity and a sense of worth and supporting open communication with one another.
- Developing and promoting personnel from within our ranks on the basis of individual performance.
- Rewarding employees' efforts through a merit-oriented compensation program.
- Maintaining the health and safety of our employees, customers and neighbors, and protecting the environment.