Position is responsible for ensuring cost-effective reliability of the equipment used in Performance Coatings manufacturing area, which covers Specialty Additives, Polyurethane Dispersions and Hyperdispersants. This includes 4 buildings and all associated external equipment. There are four primary job functions: coordinate all maintenance activities (PMs and repairs), troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems, ensure compliance with all applicable standards (PSM, ISO, cGMP) and support engineering projects to improve equipment performance . The maintenance engineer/coordinator interacts daily with the supervisors, operators, process engineers and maintenance personnel. Approximately 50% of the time is spent in the field. The position reports directly to the Performance Coatings Manufacturing Manager.
- Work directly with the Manufacturing Manager to establish long term capital requirements within the department to ensure production reliability.
- Develop the weekly maintenance schedule for all crafts and all departments. This includes creating the necessary SAP Maintenance Work Orders (MWO) daily.
- Write contractor work permits and hot work plans. Oversee all contactor work on a daily basis.
- Work with Engineering Stores to enter new spares requests including technical and ordering data. Review existing parts for possible removal if obsolete.
- Participate in the weekly maintenance planning and scheduling meetings in support of the departments.
- Participate in all Performance Coatings staff meetings to review and discuss maintenance issues within the department.
- Work daily with operators/supervisors to set up and monitor routine equipment checks (seal levels, oil levels, etc.)
- Interact daily with the entire production staff to successfully coordinate the maintenance plan with equipment down time.
- Ensure maintenance program complies with all applicable standards, such as PSM, ISO 9001 and cGMP. This includes having ownership over the Mechanical Integrity element of PSM for all of the covered processes. Understand the general concepts of ISO9001:2008 and cosmetic ingredient GMP.
- Must perform all tasks safely observing all Health, Safety and Environmental procedure. Support all HS&E initiatives and activities in the department, including audits, PSSRs and safety Work Orders.
- Create and review management of change (MOC) instructions for equipment changes.
- Manage and monitor maintenance costs within budget and develop ideas to reduce costs over time through improved equipment operating procedures and capital projects.
- Develop preventive maintenance plans (PvMs) for new and existing equipment while modifying or reducing existing PvMs to maximize reliability and reduce man-hours.
- Provide technical guidance as needed for the department including implementing smaller non-capital design projects for equipment upgrades and working with the various crafts to help troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Work with Capital Project Engineers to ensure their designs are user friendly and practical for reduced future maintenance.
- Limited travel for training/meetings and equipment supplier visits may be required.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Requirements:
- Significant (5+ years) “field” experience within an industrial environment, preferably chemical processing
- Demonstrated success in performing majority of above duties/responsibilities
- Evidence of a strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Experience with rotating equipment (pumps, agitators), process equipment (vessels, heat exchangers), and process instrumentation
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Considered a Plus:
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering strongly preferred
- Previous experience with maintenance scheduling in a production environment
- Experience with the engineering and construction process and/or project management.
- Experience with Delta V and SAP.