Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers' products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
The Lubrizol Corporation is a fluid technology company concentrating on high performance chemicals, systems, and services for global in industry and transportation. We currently have a challenging and rewarding position for a professional at our Deer Park, Texas facility.
- Monitor facility compliance with all applicable federal, state and local environmental departments.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of Federal and Texas air rules with high proficiency in performance of air-permitting activities required for new facilities as well as permit modifications and alterations for permitted existing facilities.
- Schedule and coordinate regulatory activities such as external audits, emission testing, routine inspections, etc.
- Assist an environmental staff of other professionals in conformance to all applicable rules and regulations for two Houston-area manufacturing sites.
- Make regulatory applicability decisions for two Houston-area sites as new rules and regulations are promulgated.
- Interact with TCEQ and EPA personnel to gather information and negotiate permit conditions and limits.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a bachelor's degree minimum in related engineering field or environmental science
- A minimum of five years in environmental compliance activities
- The ability to keep information confidential and effective interpersonal, communication, and planning skills
- Working knowledge of environmental laws and air regulations
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Experience with SAP
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.