Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers' products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
This position will report to the Wickliffe Engineering Services Manager and will be responsible for chemical and mechanical process projects throughout the site with goals to improve safety, decrease costs, and improve productivity. This person will be responsible to help implement the capital plan particularly Lubrizol Process Development and Chemical processing areas. Supporting other Project Engineers, area Process Engineers and the facilities maintenance group as required.
Key duties include:
- Generate P&ID's, making process calculations to size required equipment, prepare equipment specifications for quotes, make equipment selections for purchase
- Participate as part of a team to identify process improvement opportunities, and determining the specific process modification required to achieve these improvements
- Prepare and submit requests for capital including detailed scopes, cost estimates and all other required documents
- Project management work includes preparation of detailed schedules, purchase requisitions, and periodic reports
- Coordinate installation with maintenance resources and supervise contractors to install process equipment and systems
- Acts as the project leader for a significant project workload, with responsibility for meeting the technical objectives of the project within the assigned budget, project reporting, and project closure
- Provide technical assistance to the operating and maintenance areas assigned as requested
- Maintains a proficient working knowledge of the codes and standards that apply to the chemical industry including Process Safety Management, EPA, OSHA standards, and ASME requirements.
- B.S. Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years of engineering experience sizing and specifying chemical process equipment and material handling systems
- Successfully passed the Engineer In Training (EIT/FE) Exam
- Experience in Process Automation and PLC systems
- Project management experience, with an established track record of successful projects. Project management experience must be in engineering or construction.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and chemical processes; define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
Considered a Plus:
- Professional Engineer License
- Ability to lead and support Process Hazard Analyses
- Advanced Engineering Degree
- SAP Experience
- Lifting to head up to 10 pounds; lifting to waist up to 25 pounds
- Requires close, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception
- Work is performed within a controlled environment; noise levels in some areas require hearing protection
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking through 129,000 acres of National Parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.