Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Estane® Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
** This position will either be based in Brecksville, Ohio **
Does new business development (market intimacy, value creation, front-end innovation and marketing) excite you?
Do you understand how to WIN in the graphics arts, packaging and inks markets?
Do you thrive in a high-visibility, high-expectations environment that offers unlimited career growth potential based on your performance and mobility?
If so, consider joining our Performance Coatings business (part of The Lubrizol Corporation – a Berkshire Hathaway Company) as the Global Market Segment Manager for the Flexible Substrates segment! Our Flexible Substrates segment develops coatings and performance enhancing resins, additives and surface modifiers for inks and packaging in addition to Solvent Replacement Technology.
As the Global Market Segment Manager, reporting to the Global Business Director for Performance Substrates, YOU will drive the overall strategic vision for the Flexible Substrates segment; ultimately positioning this segment for year over year growth. You will need to develop a deep understanding of the market(s) and partner with cross-functional teams throughout Lubrizol to identify new sub-segments and innovation opportunities that are significant, valuable, and defendable while returning sustainable and profitable growth. As a high priority growth segment for Lubrizol, this role comes with high-visibility and high-expectations.
- Own the strategic plan for the Flexible substrates segment – positioning the segment for year over year growth.
- Develop a deep market understanding of the defined segments and sub-segments (graphic arts, packaging, inks, adhesives, primers, etc…)
- Engage with the industry throughout the value chain and identify trends and unmet needs.
- Drive new product development opportunities through market justified business plans.
- Identify gaps in our current capabilities and develop action plans to address them.
- Launch new products, gain early market acceptance, and accelerate penetration.
- Own the 4-Ps for marketing and determine appropriate targets for Sales to take our products.
- Identify, generate and capture more value from existing products in our portfolio.
- Define and refine key strategic customers and establish strong collaborative relationships.
- Provide strong leadership to the global team of indirect reports composed of marketing, sales, and technical personnel.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Outstanding B2B Marketer capable of growing a mature business:
- 15+ years of professional success (sales, marketing or technical), including5+ years of marketing experience in the graphics arts industry
- Experience in the ink or adhesive industry is preferred as well
- Bachelor’s Degree required, an MBA is strongly preferred
- Highly competent in developing and implementing strategies
- Strong commercial development acumen including value chain analysis, application economics, customer needs analysis, definition of value proposition, and market positioning
- Strong communication and presentation skills and proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Willing and able to travel 30-40% (globally)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and proven success in a matrix organization
- Located in (or willing to relocate to) the Cleveland, Ohio area
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol's HQ is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking through 129,000 acres of National Parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.