Lubrizol Specialty Products, Inc. (LSPI) is the global leader in the science of drag reduction. In 2014 LSPI was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway, having previously been a wholly owned subsidiary of Phillips 66. LSPI provides flow improver solutions, delivering strategic value to its customers by maximizing the flow potential of pipelines while increasing their operational flexibility, capacity and economic performance. LSPI works with companies in more than 35 countries to solve pipeline flow needs, treating more than 12 million barrels of hydrocarbon liquids a day and providing customers with a total package solution that includes flow improver products and the right injection equipment. LSPI leading brands are LiquidPower™-, ExtremePower® and RefinedPower™-.
LSPI is overseen and supported by another Berkshire Hathaway company, The Lubrizol Corporation. Lubrizol is a technology-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers' products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives. LSPI consistently recruits the best and brightest. Put your valuable skills to work and join us!
The main purpose of this role is to support the Bryan Plant Control Systems (BYCS) requirements for the LSPI business group. The Process Control Analyst will receive functional guidance from the Manager, IS and Security. Under general supervision, performs highly-skilled work in the areas of process automation control systems and process information networks; programs and maintains Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), human machine interfaces (HMI) and related process automation and control systems; performs related duties as assigned.
- Providing support for the plant's process control system programming.
- Responsibility may also include ancillary products/programming for Process Control or Business Support.
- Supporting the business in testing of new controls and automation through multiple releases throughout the business year; following structure and processes required to conduct the coordinated test activity.
- Logging and following up on support issues, communicating resolutions.
- Understanding the business processes and looking for ways to add value.
- Participating on small- project teams to support business requirements relating to the PCS.
- Ethernet Network support for the PCS. Limited to maintenance and troubleshooting.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the process industry
- Core competency in PLC/HMI programming and product knowledge in a process environment.
- Ability to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming. Simulation and testing and start-up.
- Review and ensure compliance with safety, environmental, and company policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Self-starter, willing to provide timely support for the PCS applications.
- Ability to use basic and intermediate mathematical computations and problem solving.
- Computer network skills.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision, in a dynamic, fast paced environment and able to prioritize multiple urgent activities.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to produce good quality documentation.
PREFERRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge in Rockwell Automation Software products including Studio 5000, RSNetworks, FactoryTalk View, and FactoryTalk Batch.
- SAP PM Usage with work orders.
- Cisco Networking Products