Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers' products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This job includes managing people as well as managing assigned commodities and the associated vendor relationships. The job is within the indirect area of purchasing which covers services and materials used by Lubrizol, other than chemical raw materials.
This position will be a candidate for transfer to other Lubrizol locations - both short term and long term assignments. Must be willing to relocate domestically.
The Houston Area Site Manger will:
- Act professionally at all times and handle all work activities in a legal and ethical manner.
- Lead the procurement team to maximize value delivered.
- Support compliance with all corporate policies and regional/local Health, Safety, Environmental and Security practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops people - trains, coaches and mentors employees
- Develops department policies and procedures
- Manages expense budgets
- Conducts performance reviews
- Salary administration
Sourcing and Supplier Management
- Negotiate supply agreements and contracts
- Ensure purchase orders are placed promptly and follow all appropriate policies and practices
- Ensure fair and ethical treatment of all supply relationships
- Seek opportunities to leverage regional and global spend
- Deliver cost savings
Networking and Communication
- Network with all departments seeking ways to best meet their purchasing needs
- Active involvement in outside professional groups
- Active involvement with Berkshire Hathaway and other consortium opportunities
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- 4-year college degree from an accredited institution in supply chain, logistics, finance, accounting, business, economics, engineering or other technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years' supervisory/management experience
- Work experience in purchasing or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to relate well with individuals at various levels, inside and outside of the organization
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with SAP
LOCATION: Deer Park, TX
Everyone's heard the stereotype: it's all cowboys, cactus and cattle. While those Texas roots are strong, Houston will surprise you with everything it has to offer. The ten-county region is the largest city not only in Texas, but in the entire Southern United States. Here the grass is green, landscaping is lush and the tree canopy is thick and widespread. It's the perfect mix of Southern greenery and urban sophistication. Known as the Bayou City, the Houston metro area-the sixth largest in the nation-is crisscrossed by a number of bayous, many of them flowing into Buffalo Bayou, the site of the city's birthplace in the downtown area.