Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise,testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
Summary of Responsibilities
As a member of the Applied Sciences department, you will provide support in the area of colloid science to a variety of business units (including engine oils, driveline fluids, industrial fluids, and others). This includes leading efforts related to fundamental knowledge generation, as well as collaborating with colleagues in other areas on new chemical component development, competitive analysis, and troubleshooting large-scale manufacturing issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Apply knowledge of colloid science to support the development of new products, develop new fundamental knowledge, and/or respond to business needs, including participating in and/or leading cross-disciplinary teams in these efforts.
- Integrate new technology for new applications and product support.
- Troubleshoot and maintain test equipment and procedures.
- Generate, organize, interpret, and report data in support of technical projects and service requests.
- Perform hands-on research as well as direct and prioritize the work of technical staff.
- Apply and develop innovative methods to characterize Lubrizol products and develop fundamental knowledge on their performance.
- Support and/or drive projects from inception through completion.
- Communicate and interact with a broad range of customers through technical reports, presentation, and 1-on-1 conversations.
- Meaningfully convey technical information across departments and divisions.
- Understand the business drivers for the projects you are managing and/or supporting.
- Bachelors of Science in chemical engineering, chemistry, polymer science, or related discipline
- Minimum of two years of experience of work in a laboratory (industrial or academic) setting
- Ability to travel as required (less than 10%) and willingness to commute to between locations as necessary.
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Advanced degree
- Relevant industrial experience
- Demonstrated project management experience including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience or working knowledge of rheology, polymer science, and thermal analysis
- Experience with any of the following equipment or techniques: particle size analyzers, contact angle, surface and/or interfacial tension, zeta potential, assessing dispersion stability, performing adsorption isotherms and/or microcalorimetry.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking through 129,000 acres of National Parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.