Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Estane® Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Are you a formulations expert in waterborne coatings for wood substrates?
Do you have a passion for new product development?
Does the thought of leading a high-performing team of scientists and technicians excite you?
If so, consider joining Lubrizol Advanced Materials as a Regional Applications Manager within our Performance Coatings business.
As the Regional Applications Manager, you would lead a team responsible for all product development (primarily resins, surface modifiers and hyperdispersants), technical service and plant support issues within North America for our wood coatings segment; while being a technical liaison for customers to demonstrate the value we delivery to them.
- Own new product development for the wood coatings segment within the North American region, with the expectations of delivering unique and differentiated products to the wood coatings market.
- Lead a group of scientists and technicians, grow them in their applications and formulation capabilities and help them manage their careers.
- Lead and execute short and long-term projects to develop coatings with unique and differentiated performance for wood substrates that translates into value for our customers.
- Use focused development tools, such as DOE, to accelerate the product development cycle.
- Evaluate experimental polymers against controls using industry test protocols and provide results and recommendations to development team.
- Drive the continuous improvement of formulation capability to ensure that it is as good as, or better than, our customers.
- Work collaboratively with other Lubrizol groups and apply scientific principles to extend structure-property-performance understanding.
- Lead development of new, proprietary to Lubrizol, test methods that will simulate real world wear to accelerate new product development
- Support customer evaluations of products and formulations for wood substrates by being an expert in our products and the applications they are used in.
- Develop technical literature for new products developed that will demonstrate the value they bring to our customers
- Research competitive landscape and provide information on relevant competitive benchmarks.
- Work seamlessly as a member of cross-functional project teams.
- Provide training to Lubrizol Advanced Materials personnel, agents, and customers on our products and how to use them
- Maintain records of experiments, results and conclusions, while providing progress updates through the regular issuance of written and verbal reports.
- Comply with all Lubrizol safety policies and procedures, including HMIS labeling and chemical inventory.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Formulations Expert in waterborne coatings for wood substrates:
- 10+ years of experience formulating and testing waterborne coatings for wood substrates.
- Knowledge of the polymers and additives used in coatings formulations as well as the applications methods used for wood coatings.
- B.S. (or advanced degree) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Influential Leader capable of mentoring and developing a team of Scientists and Technicians.
- Strong Project Manager capable of handling multiple projects at once while prioritizing resources in a way that will maximize business impact.
- Self-starter, highly-motivated toward achievements, results-oriented.
- Ability to travel (as needed) to support the evaluations and commercialization of new products.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking through 129,000 acres of National Parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.