The Lubrizol Corporation, a Bershire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven company global company. We combine complex speciality chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of our customer's products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol, it’s a great place to work: great products, great culture, great people!
Compound Operator Job Description
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
(*This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Other duties may be required.)
- Maintain full compliance with all health, safety, and environmental requirements applicable to the department including safe handling of chemicals and performance of required safety checks.
- Be aware of safe requirements in the department and have an awareness of your surroundings at all times in order to recognize and correct unsafe conditions
- Operate fully within established quality systems.
- Start up, monitor/operate and shut down the production process within limits defined by standard operating procedures and training.
- Train and qualify on DCS operation and all compounding field tasks with rotation upon completion of training
- Perform complete, accurate, timely recordkeeping as defined by standard operating procedures and training.
- Troubleshoot operational issues.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner within and outside of work group to ensure safe, efficient operation and continuous improvement.
- Be attentive to items requiring maintenance, write work notifications and contact supervisor
- With appropriate training, perform minor maintenance tasks as established by plant organization.
- Perform daily housekeeping in process to ensure a safe, clean work environment.
- Participate as defined by plant emergency response procedures in the role of emergency responder (24-hour technician trained)
- Learn all required aspects of SAP and perform required transactions accurately.
- Take responsibility for your own actions
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
- Work effectively within a team environment to accomplish tasks
- Arrive to work on time for the scheduled shift and be prepared to begin work
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity and experience in manufacturing environment.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and troubleshoot.
- Ability to lift up to 62 pounds on a repetitive basis.
- Ability to manipulate 500 pound drums and 2000 pound super sacks with mechanical aids.
- Operation of fork truck, trackmobile, and yard dog.
- Proficient in basic PC software. Comfortable working with and through computers.
- 12-Hour rotating shift schedule. Ability to work overtime is required.