Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Estane® Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Lubrizol Advanced Materials has an immediate need for a Finance Analyst supporting the Engineered Polymers business in Brecksville, Ohio.
- Monitor financial performance of the Engineered Polymers Global Business Units (GBU's) including income statement, balance sheet and funds flow.
- Provide timely, concise and actionable financial information to Engineered Polymers GBU leader and other respective GBU management. Interpret monthly results; research, understand and explain variances.
- Assist in the coordination and development of the Engineered Polymers GBU annual operating plans and forecasts as required.
- Generate analysis and competence of the budget and forecasts to help management make informed decisions that drive the performance of the business.
- Assist in the coordination and development of the strategic plan/trajectory, generating schedules and updating the on-going strategic planning document.
- Support the monthly business review process, monthly financial reporting and other required reporting. Publish results to businesses formally or informal as required.
- Prepare month-end closing deliverables including, but not limited to, calculating rebate adjustment entries, performing rebate reconciliations, preparing commissions payments, reviewing NWSM inventory, generating accruals, generating and analyzing monthly market segment reports, reviewing monthly cost center reports, and generating expenses accruals.
- Assist development of financial metrics and enhanced reporting to support informed decisions and overall improve business execution.
- Support new product costing analysis to help determine the future profitability and value proposition for new products.
- Support adherence to documented internal controls; assist with development of new controls.
- Maintain the integrity of financial systems and reporting modules including yearly creation and updating of rebate module within SAP, assisting, initiating, coordinating needed PA realignments, updating and maintaining SIA tracking systems.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and participate in special projects.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum five years of financial experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent systems and financial modeling skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Team player, able to work well with people at all levels and across functions.
- Well organized, flexible, ability to multi-task.
- Proactive, self-starter with the desire to achieve.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Limited domestic travel (some international travel may be required).
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- MBA, CPA, CMA or equivalent.
- SAP and BW knowledge
- BONUS ELIGIBLE
- NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking through 129,000 acres of National Parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.