LMI recognizes the invaluable service our veterans have given to out nation, and the physical sacrifices that some have made in the line of service. These positions are for U.S. Military veterans wounded or injured in the Global War on Terror for careers in management consulting.
LMI has employment opportunities in Logistics Management, Infrastructure Management, and Resource Management and also in administrative areas.
* Undergraduate degree required.
* Coursework in logistics, operations research, mathematics, engineering, economics, science, business, human resources, or related disciplines preferred.
* Five to ten years of experience in military operations, such as combat operations, logistics, finance, acquisition, engineering, medical, human resources, or a related field.
* Ability to learn and apply consulting skills. These skills involve interpersonal skills (listening and communicating) as well as analysis and problem solving.
* Interest and ability to learn and apply new skills to complement prior education and experience.
* Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with current security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. Please note that only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
* Availability for occasional travel.
* Active-duty military post 9/11/2001.
Qualified candidates should provide a cover letter outlining their interest in LMI.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Logistics Management Institute
The Institute prides itself on its practical approach and skill training curriculum. We are honored by our long tradition of teaching and employing the concept of "practical skills" training as the Institute has done. Some 2,500 companies, government agencies, railroads, motor carriers and freight forwarders have hired many of the 84,000+ alumni of the Institute to manage their companies and logistics departments.
The Institute and its graduates have held a unique position in the field it serves as well as the field of education. Since 1923, The Institute has provided service to an industry that employs a significant part of the nations population and accounts for over a trillion (1) dollars of the annual gross domestic product. While providing a very specialized education and training to its students, the Institute from its beginning has always operated as a private school without fiscal endowment or financial aid from either the federal or state levels of government.
Since 1923, the Institute has pioneered the areas of transportation education and training. The curriculum of the Institute spans most areas of involvement within the transportation, logistics management, and supply-chain fields. In addition, the Institute and its courses interact well to the other business disciplines, such as finance, accounting, economics and business law.
Through the expertise of its faculty, the Institute provides comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge to professionals who want to successfully compete in today's complex logistics and supply-chain industry.