The primary responsibility of the Compliance Manager is to establish, review and maintain compliance programs in accordance with applicable laws and to supervise and provide training to the compliance team. This includes but is not limited to Internal Control Systems and Anti-Money Laundering programs. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Las Vegas Sands’ policies, practices, and procedures.
- Key Responsibilities
- Provides training for Compliance Department Team Members.
- Supervises the day to day operations of the Compliance Department
- Maintains and communicates up to date subject matter expertise on compliance issues relevant to the organization.
- Ensures compliance for the areas assigned.
- Understands the legal and regulatory environment in which LVSC conducts business.
- Manages multiple projects effectively.
- Reviews guidelines for compliance, user guides, participant guides, etc.
- Interfaces with all related department s to ensure compliance with regulatory and government agencies and related laws.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Key Processes
- Manage staff and organize department functions in accordance with company guidelines.
- Delegate tasks and department assignments or projects, meeting deadlines related to those assignments.
- Focus on achieving the goals or objectives of the department using available resources (staff and budgetary).
- Evaluate the schedule or timelines related to the completion of assignments, while maintaining service and/or product quality.
- Develop staff skills to enhance department effectiveness and manage resources to eliminate excess cost or unnecessary expenditures.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States, high school Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to LVS appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the LVS Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years experience working in a Casino and SEC regulated environment.
- Must have knowledge of legal and regulatory guidelines that impact the Casino Industry; and have knowledge of all relevant SOP’s, guidelines, policies and work procedures that are typical in the Casino Industry.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to frequently move freely about the office, maintain manual dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, etc., withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods and withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction.
- Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke, and be able to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds unassisted in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Corporate || Full-Time || LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP || COMPLIANCE (001-400-4003) || COMPLIANCE (001-400-4003-4003) || 1.2 - First Mid-Level Officials and Managers || COMPLIANCE (001-400-4003) || Las Vegas Sands Corporate || 23982 || Regular || Open
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.