The primary responsibility of the Intern is to assist in project activities of the division and learn the key operating procedures of the departments assigned. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key Responsibilities
- Learns the operational workings of the department in which assigned – by observing team members, participating in meetings, asking questions and evaluating services.
- Completes special projects as assigned by department management.
- Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure the organization’s competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Assists the Department Manager with the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Assists the Department Manager with assigned operational functions consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, the division and organization.
- Performs additional duties as directed by senior management.
- Key Processes
- Provide a service or assistance to meet the needs of a guest, client or customer. Proper performance requires knowledge of a specific function or activity and familiarity with policies and procedures of the department.
- Comply with policies and procedures of the department or section in order to complete service satisfactorily.
- Proper performance requires some physical and mental dexterity in order to accomplish tasks associated with the completion of the service.
- Possess skills to expedite clerical processing, perform a service, evaluate information, and take action based upon information to complete a task or assignment or activity.
- Completion of a task or assignment requires use of equipment, tools or systems related to the proper performance of the service. Provide a service for others, and provide expertise based on information keyed, gathered, studied, processed or reviewed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 21 years of age (as required by department)
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both in oral and written form
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Must have a future interest in working at The Venetian & The Palazzo Resort-Hotel-Casino following graduation
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University
- Must be an undergraduate who has completed their Junior year
- Must be able to obtain and pay for any required licensing and housing
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ever-changing environment.
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Human Resources || Seasonal || VENETIAN CASINO RESORT || HUMAN RESOURCES (020-500-5200) || HR TALENT ACQUISITION (020-500-5200-5202) || 5 - Administrative Support Workers || HUMAN RESOURCES (020-500-5200) || Venetian || 22601 || Regular || Open
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.