The primary responsibility of the Server is to accurately take food and beverage orders and serve the requested food & beverage in a timely and friendly manner. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and the Sands Bethlehem (the “Sands”) policies, practices, and procedures.
- Arrive for shift on time and in proper uniform.
- Accurately take food and beverage orders.
- Insure that the food & beverage is prepared as requested.
- Serve requested food & beverage to guests in accordance with restaurant/bar Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Ensures the guest’s needs are met, by checking back with the table frequently.
- Maintain excellent cash handling skills.
- Balances checks and money at the end of the shift.
- Ensures all assigned areas are kept clean.
- Maintains full knowledge of available menu options to be able to offer suggestions to meet guests’ special requests or dietary needs.
- Maintain full knowledge of Liquor Control Board rules and regulations related to alcoholic beverage service.
- Serve beverages within the guidelines established by the Liquor Control Board.
- Properly use equipment, tools or systems to complete assigned tasks and complies with company safety standards.
- Develop a working knowledge of any PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Complete all paperwork in accordance with PGCB and approved Sands’ standards.
- Read and understand the Sands Compulsive and Problem Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers in compliance with the Sands’ Standards of Steel customer service standards.
- Adhere to and complies with both departmental and overall property policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Sands appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Sands Customer Service Standards (Standards of Steel).
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- 2 years’ experience as a Food Server preferred.
- Previous experience in upscale and/or high volume food and beverage establishments strongly preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English.
- Must have full working knowledge of a POS system.
- Knowledge of wines is a plus.
- Must have cash handling experience.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
- Ability to meet Specific Job Requirements and perform Position Responsibilities for this position.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to provide a service or assistance to meet the needs of a guest, client or customer.
- Ability to comply with policies and procedures of the department or section in order to complete service satisfactorily.
- Ability to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Ability to be alert to customer or client needs; to remedy or present a solution to a question, service request or service breakdown.
- Ability to undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise with or without supervision.
- Ability to be tactful and polite, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; handle all situations honestly.
- Ability to maintain standards despite pressing deadlines; to do your work right the first time.
- Ability to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures; comply with written rules or practices.
- Ability to adapt and interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds, be of service to potentially difficult people, Acknowledge the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
- Ability to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and display team spirit.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer or client needs.
Please rate the applicant's communication skills:
Please rate the applicant's grooming standards for the interview:
Please rate the applicant's technical knowledge of the job:
Please rate the applicant's work experience:
Please rate the applicant’s commitment to excellent guest service:
Posting Notes: || Pennsylvania || Bethlehem || United States || Food & Beverage || Part-Time || SANDS BETHWORKS GAMING LLC || FOOD ADMIN (180-030-0390) || FOOD ADMIN (180-030-0390-3390) || 9 - Service Workers || FOOD ADMIN (180-030-0390) || Sands Bethlehem Pennsylvania || 23114 || Regular || No Selection
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.