The Runner Liquor consistently delivers products and stocks all bars, and other department outlets, maintaining cleanliness of assigned outlet(s) storage, pump room(s) and equipment at all times, communicating items to be ordered to management, running and stocking items necessary for operation of bars and outlets, and assisting bartenders when needed. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian and The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistent delivering and stocking of product to all bars and department outlets, maintaining cleanliness of assigned outlet(s), pump room(s) and equipment at all times, communicating items to be ordered to management, running and stocking items necessary for operation of bars and outlets, and assisting fellow team members when needed. Must be regularly checked by supervisor to ensure proper handling of equipment and proper lifting techniques.
- Ensures that assigned beverage outlets, pump rooms, and storage areas are clean, well stocked (to pre-established pars) and ready for business. Proactively maintains assigned areas throughout work day.
- Co-ordinates with beverage and warehouse co-workers to ensure receiving, delivery and storage of all items is handled in appropriate time and temperature controls and product is supervised at all times.
- Is responsible for ensuring that the beverage preparation areas comply with Clark County Health Codes. Performs other duties as assigned by management. Works in an appropriate non-hazardous manner avoiding self injury and unsafe work methods.
- Provides unmatched service to guests at all times. Proactively seeks guest service opportunities.
- Interacts with internal and external guests taking drink orders and delivers high quality drink orders to the guests in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and terminology of beer, wine, and spirits. Must be familiar with domestic and import beers, different types of wine, brand name spirits, and garnishments.
- Knowledge and understanding of Alcohol Awareness training to include sale or service of alcohol.
- Perform additional duties as directed by management.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Minimum of one (1) year high volume experience in beverage operation as a bar porter or liquor runner or similar position preferred.
- Experience in a hotel casino environment preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Health, TAM, Non-gaming cards.
- Must possess a general understanding of beer, wine and spirits.
- Must possess superior customer service skills.
- Must maintain cleanliness of work area and equipment in accordance to Clark County Health Code Standards.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Have a basic knowledge of attractions/restaurants in the Las Vegas area and provided by the Venetian.
- Must be able to maintain a proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, in person, over the phone, and on the radio.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in seasonal heat (100F+) or cold as well as inclement weather.
- Must possess the ability to access all areas of the facility, stand, stretch, bend, and kneel without restriction.
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Food & Beverage || On-Call || VENETIAN CASINO RESORT || SERVICE BAR 1 (020-040-0400) || SERVICE BAR SOUTH (020-040-0400-4901) || 9 - Service Workers || SERVICE BAR 1 (020-040-0400) || Venetian || 11181 || Regular || Open
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.