The primary responsibility of the Deskside Analyst – Level II is to assist internal Team Members with high quality desk side services which enable them to perform their work related responsibilities to the best of their abilities. This requires personal interactions, strong PC and network troubleshooting abilities and the commitment to quality work and complete resolution of the reported issues. The complexity of the assignments to the role will be based on the technical expertise of the candidate. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain service ticket work queue
- Contact the customer to confirm and acknowledge ownership of support issues
- Update tickets in a timely manner
- Review ticket queue every hour or update tickets every 2 hours, whenever a ticket status changes
- For all incident tickets contact the customer within 15 minutes of ticket receipt to acknowledge ownership of their issue and begin the resolution process which will include resolving by phone or responding on-site to the user’s desktop
- Update drop down fields within the service ticket to accurately reflect the issue or request and support provided
- Keep the ticket comment field updated with current work status and provide a complete description of all final resolution work performed
- Keep the customers well informed of their actions including issue or request ticket status
- Escalate issues to management in a timely fashion
- Respond to management on a timely basis as requests are submitted
- Create documentation based on the duties required of Deskside Analyst - Level II
- Train Deskside Analyst - Level I to increase team knowledge base and provide growth
- Engage in technical training to increase knowledge base and skill level, including certification training
- Repair and install various network peripherals
- Troubleshoot software/hardware problems through debugging, testing, and vendor assistance
- Provide recommendations regarding software/hardware changes to correct problems
- Install and update PC virus protection programs
- Instructs system users on basic application and personal productivity software functions in an informal setting
- Key Processes
- Support of PC hardware and software for the organization
- Troubleshoots diagnoses and identifies failing/failed components through use of testing procedures and diagnostic software
- Researches and resolves complex, technical user problems
- Communicates resolution to appropriate IT staff and system users
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 21+ years of age
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- The position requires at least 5 years of prior experience with PC service and support
- AA or AS Degree and A+ certification and / or N+ certification is desirable and may offset 5 years prior experience if proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft office products, ability to connect and install software drivers associated with external printers and understanding of WIFI and wireless connectivity can be demonstrated.
- Must have proficiency in the following software or system: MS Office, Windows 95/NT, XP, MS Exchange
- Must have the previous experience connecting and installing software drivers associated with external printers
- Ability to perform basic printer repair such as roller replacement
- Ability to install and replace desktop computer components
- Proficiency with resolving WiFi and wireless connectivity issues
- Strong understanding of SW installation and support
- Ability to perform hardware service on desktops, laptops and printers
- Strong customer communication skills
- The ability to follow work instructions
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ever-changing environment
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Information Technology || Full-Time || VENETIAN CASINO RESORT || INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (020-500-5300) || IT End User Services (020-500-5300-5333) || 3 - Technicians || INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (020-500-5300) || Venetian || 22302 || Regular || Open
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.