The primary responsibility of the Beverage Supervisor is to manage the daily operations of the beverage outlets, Casino Bartenders and Bar Porter staff during their assigned shift. Duties include but are not limited to supervising, delegating and working with service personnel to ensure high quality of beverage service, proper beverage and labor costs, and a safe, sanitary environment. Will be required to train and develop Bartenders and Bar Porter service staff. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and the Sands Bethlehem (the “Sands”) policies, practices, and procedures.
- Be able to successfully coordinate staff and resources in high volume, time sensitive environments.
- Supervise the all Casino bartenders and Bar Porter staff.
- Be able to train, develop and evaluate beverage staff on proper techniques, knowledge and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of all aspects of running a number of different beverage outlets, budgeting, taking inventory, forecasting, proper ordering and receiving, staff management, etc.
- Responsible to assist in the development and consistency of beverage menus and drink recipes.
- Must schedule service staff to ensure consistent labor costs and effective service.
- Be able to quickly set par levels to maintain consistent beverage cost.
- Possess a working knowledge of all department and company policies and procedures and Rules of Conduct and must enforce the same.
- Manage staff and organize department functions in accordance with company guidelines.
- Delegate tasks and department assignments or projects, meeting deadlines related to those assignments.
- Direct others in completion of a task or assignment.
- Render advice, and provide expertise or judgment based on information gathered, studied, analyzed or reviewed.
- Work on actual project or service to help achieve the objectives of the department.
- Evaluate information to render an opinion or take action based on that information that will impact the department or function.
- Focus on achieving the goals or objectives of the department using available resources (staff and budgetary).
- Evaluate the schedule or timelines related to the completion of assignments, while maintaining service and/or product quality.
- Develop staff skills to enhance department effectiveness and manage resources to eliminate excess cost or unnecessary expenditures.
- Interview and make recommendation of candidates for new hire
- Determine if and/or when policy or procedural infractions by Team Members occur and issue the appropriate level of progressive discipline.
- Responsible for the timely evaluation of all direct reports and conducting introductory period and annual performance reviews.
- Maintains an open door policy and addresses all team member issues and/or concerns in a timely manner.
- Conducts skip level meetings with departmental management and line level staff.
- Conducts divisional/departmental staff meetings at least once per month.
- Develop a working knowledge of all PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Must read and understand the Sands Compulsive and Problem Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Authority to issue a complimentary in accordance with the Sands Comp Matrix.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Sands appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Sands Customer Service Standards (Standards of Steel).
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a managerial position of an upscale and/or high volume food & beverage service establishments.
- Beverage supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a ServSafe certificate.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP) certification card.
- Must have the ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Should possess a strong familiarity with beverage cost controls and superior customer service.
- Have a complete understanding of Pennsylvania liquor laws.
- Must have full working knowledge of Infogenesis POS system.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
- Ability to meet Specific Job Requirements and perform Position Responsibilities for this position.
- Ability to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Ability to be alert to customer needs to remedy or present a solution to a question, service request or service breakdown.
- Ability to bring about results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise with or without supervision.
- Ability to be tactful and polite, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; handle all situations honestly.
- Ability to maintain standards despite pressing deadlines; to do work right the first time.
- Ability to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures; recognize and comply with written rules or practices.
- Ability to adapt and interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds, be of service to potentially difficult people, recognize the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
- Ability to develop a rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Ability to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and display team spirit.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery-to do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction, deal with service failures and prioritize customer or client needs.
Posting Notes: || Pennsylvania || Bethlehem || United States || Food & Beverage || Full-Time || SANDS BETHWORKS GAMING LLC || BEVERAGE ADMIN (180-040-0490) || BEVERAGE ADMIN (180-040-0490-4900) || 1.2 - First Mid-Level Officials and Managers || BEVERAGE ADMIN (180-040-0490) || Sands Bethlehem Pennsylvania || 20983 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.