The primary responsibility of the Attendant – Continental Breakfast is to ensure the highest level of food quality and provide unmatched service for hotel guests partaking in our Continental Breakfast and In Room Dining/Room Service options. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and the Sands Bethlehem (“the Sands”) policies, practices, and procedures.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Sands appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Sands Customer Service Standards (Standards of Steel).
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Minimum 6 months experience providing table service in a high volume food and beverage establishment is required.
- Working knowledge of a POS system and excellent cash handling skills is also preferred.
- Able to be a “team player” with staff and supervisors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
- Arrive for shift on time and in proper uniform.
- Provides superior customer service to all internal and external customers in compliance with the Sands’ Standards of Steel customer service standards.
- Greets the guests and confirms (by checking room keys when necessary) that the patron(s) is an overnight guest of the hotel.
- Executes proper set up / break down of the continental breakfast buffet.
- Continuously stocks all food items offered on the buffet including but not limited to, fruits, pastries, breads, condiments, coffee stations, as well as all other beverages to assure that highest levels of freshness and food quality.
- Replenishes coffee station and ensures that the station is clean at all times.
- Circulates the dining room, engages customers to offer additional service and/or to address obvious dining needs.
- Clears all dishes, glassware, flatware and debris from guest tables in a timely manner.
- Maintains buffet area and dining room in compliance with all sanitation & health code standards.
- Stocks and maintains the equipment and supplies for continental breakfast including but not limited to china, silverware, glassware, condiments as well as the dish washing and pantry areas to ensure a neat and organized work area.
- Cleans and resets dining room as directed for Italian Table dinner service.
- Maintains full knowledge of menu options to be able to offer suggestions to meet guests’ special requests or dietary needs.
- Crossed trained on all In Room Dining/Room Service functions and utilized in this operation as needed and according to company standards.
- Delivers Room Service food orders to hotel rooms in a timely and friendly manner.
- Ensures hotel corridors are free of any dirty dishes from In Room Dining/Room Service.
- Properly use equipment, tools or systems to complete assigned tasks and complies with company safety standards.
- Develop a working knowledge of any PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Complete all paperwork in accordance with PGCB and approved Sands’ standards.
- Read and understand the Sands Compulsive and Problem Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers in compliance with the Sands’ Standards of Steel customer service standards.
- Adhere to and complies with both departmental and overall property policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Posting Notes: || Pennsylvania || Bethlehem || United States || Food & Beverage || Full-Time || SANDS BETHWORKS GAMING LLC || CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST (180-030-0333) || CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST (180-030-0333-0333) || 9 - Service Workers || CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST (180-030-0333) || Sands Bethlehem Pennsylvania || 19961 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.