The primary responsibility of the Assistant Shift Manager – Internal Maintenance is to assist the Public Area Shift Manager in supervising the day-to-day operations of the Public Areas and Casino. Supervise, inspect, train, and evaluate assigned Cleaning Specialist staff members to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness is maintained. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Key Responsibilities
- Provides unmatched service to guests at all times.
- Provides accurate directions and information for guest inquiries and is knowledgeable about all aspects of the Venetian and Palazzo’s services, features, attractions, promotions and special events.
- Responsible for conducting frequent inspections of Public Areas and Casino in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness.
- Track attendance, coordinate breaks, and communicate changes as they occur throughout the shift.
- Constantly seek ways to improve quality.
- Develop and maintain 5-Star and 5-Diamond standards.
- Develop and maintain ongoing training initiatives (daily & monthly).
- Implement system to seek feedback from guests regarding quality or service & product.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Develop staff skills to enhance department effectiveness and manage resources to eliminate excess cost or unnecessary expenditures.
- Manage staff and organize department functions in accordance with company guidelines.
- Delegate tasks and department assignments or projects, meeting deadlines related to those assignments.
- Focus on achieving the goals or objectives of the department using available resources (staff and budgetary).
- Evaluate the schedule or timelines related to the completion of assignments, while maintaining service and/or product quality.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year experience in janitorial supervisory position required.
- Previous guest relations training experience required.
- Must possess knowledge of proper cleaning techniques and chemical handling, requirements and use of equipment; work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to logically & independently plan, organize & complete work; to set and achieve high standards of performance; to make progress on multiple assignments under time constraints.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- 21+ years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts as needed, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds unassisted in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to frequently move freely about the office, maintain manual dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, etc., withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods and withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction.
- Must tolerate varying conditions of noise levels.
- Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke, and be able to access all areas of the property.
- Must be able to use sight to perform job functions; use smell to ensure product quality & safety.
- Involves working under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold); indoors/outdoors; around fumes and/or odor hazards; around dust and/or mite hazards; around chemicals.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Housekeeping || Full-Time || VENETIAN CASINO RESORT || INTERNAL MAINTENANCE (020-701-7010) || INTERNAL MAINTENANCE (020-701-7010-7010) || 1.2 - First Mid-Level Officials and Managers || INTERNAL MAINTENANCE (020-701-7010) || Palazzo || 19062 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.