The primary responsibility of the Table Games Dealer is to provide our guests with a superior gaming experience in a friendly environment, while dealing an assigned game at the proper game pace and within all approved procedures including the proper paying and taking of wagers bet, in order to maximize company revenue. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Key Responsibilities
- Deals table games assigned, in a proficient and speedy manner to be able to deal between 55 hands or 45 spins per hour.
- Provides courteous service and is cordial to all patrons and team members.
- Shuffles cards in a timely manner, ensuring a thorough mix of cards in compliance with casino standards, as well as controlling the pace of the game.
- Pays and takes winning and losing wagers according to company policy.
- Verifies and signs fills, credits, and associated documents.
- Passes on all pertinent information to relieving dealers and supervisors.
- Issues chips to customers for either cash buy-ins or credit in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains control of shoe, cards, dice and float; always keeping visual contact.
- Informs the table games Floor Supervisor of all irregularities including suspicious guest activity.
- Paces games, taking into account the type of action and ability of players keeping the speed of the game at the most efficient rate possible.
- Verifies accuracy when signing all paperwork.
- Accepts cash buy-ins and performs drop of cash according to company policy.
- Complies with all appropriate Venetian policies and procedures and gaming regulations.
- Must be able to handle chips, silver, dice and individual cards, and deal from a shoe or out of hand in a proficient manner.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High school Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a high volume casino as a dealer.
- Must have knowledge of 3 or more casino games, must be familiar with methods of cheating and must be able to obtain or possess a valid gaming registration.
- Ability to calculate mathematical equations i.e. adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing without a calculator or paper.
- Ability to see clearly with or without corrective lenses.
- Ability to hear clearly with or without the use of hearing aids.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to communicate simple instructions and information to customers, other dealers, and supervisors.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 30 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Maintains a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to The Venetian /Palazzo appearance standards.
- Maintains consistent adherence to The Venetian/Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have the physical stamina to be able to stand and deal for long periods of time.
- Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke, and be able to access all areas of the property.
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Casino || On-Call || VENETIAN CASINO RESORT || TABLEGAMES (020-010-0100) || TABLEGAMES (020-010-0100-0100) || 9 - Service Workers || TABLEGAMES (020-010-0100) || Venetian || 4741 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.