The Team Member Relations Specialist assists management and team members with issues, questions, communication and/or policies and procedure concerns. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian and The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key Responsibilities
- Provide guidance, consultation and clarification of Company policy and procedure
- Conduct due process meetings, peer reviews, interviews, investigations and mediation to resolve all matters in a timely fashion
- Adhere to the Company’s status quo third party representation philosophy, comply with company policies, and legal requirements
- Consistently meet deadlines pertaining to completion of investigations, investigatory summaries and the issuance of corrective actions as set by management and/or agreed upon with department leaders
- Supervise the delivery and measurement of guest service consistent with the Company’s core service standards, brand attributes through the Team Member Survey and feedback sessions
- Meet with department leaders to provide updates, communication roadblocks and to obtain feedback on departmental goals
- Key Processes
- Document and maintain notes, review and draft reports and summaries of Team Relations issues
- Prepare unemployment paperwork
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of EEOC/NERC responses, timelines and confidential investigative files
- Provide analysis of EEO and Workforce statistical data
- Review corrective counseling and performance paperwork
- Participate in department panel interviews, assists with other areas of HR and in Team member events
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- High school Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience working as a HR Generalist or like representative role in Employee Relations.
- Must have working knowledge of Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Worker’s Compensation, Title 7, EEOC, ADA, FMLA, HIPPA, COBRA, Wage and Hour and Unemployment Law required
- PHR certification preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing Spanish, both in oral and written form is preferred
- Be able to address stressful situations with team members and clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness
- Be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with other team members and hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ever-changing environment
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Human Resources || Full-Time || VENETIAN CASINO RESORT || HUMAN RESOURCES (020-500-5200) || HR TEAM MEMBER RELATIONS (020-500-5200-5203) || 2 - Professionals || HUMAN RESOURCES (020-500-5200) || Venetian || 16861 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.