The primary responsibility of the Technology Specialist is to support for all levels of system design, installation and enhancement of hardware and software applications in the organization. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and the Sands Bethlehem (“the Sands”) practices, and procedures.
- Assess and troubleshoot software/hardware problems through debugging, testing, and vendor assistance
- Provide recommendations regarding software/hardware changes to correct problems
- Assess, identify, troubleshoot, and diagnose failing/failed components through use of testing procedures and diagnostic software.
- Instruct system users on basic application and personal productivity software functions in an informal setting
- Assist with defining policies and procedures, and works to improve call handling and resolution process
- Communicate resolution to appropriate IS staff and system users
- Install and upgrade Microsoft Windows operating systems including standard applications and associated peripherals
- Update virus protection programs and Client PC’s operating systems
- Logs problem calls and resolutions
- Possess a working knowledge of all department and company policies and procedures and Rules of Conduct and must enforce the same.
- Manage staff and organize department functions in accordance with company guidelines.
- Delegate tasks and department assignments or projects, meeting deadlines related to those assignments.
- Direct others in completion of a task or assignment. Render advice, and provide expertise or judgment based on information gathered, studied, analyzed or reviewed.
- Arrange timeline to complete tasks and department assignments or projects, and meet the deadlines related to those assignments.
- Work on actual project or service to help achieve the objectives of the department.
- Evaluate information to render an opinion or take action based on that information that will impact the department or function.
- Focus on achieving the goals or objectives of the department.
- Evaluate the schedule or timelines related to the completion of assignments, while maintaining service and/or product quality.
- Develop a working knowledge of all PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Must read and understand the Sands Compulsive and Problem Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Sands appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Sands Customer Service Standards (Standards of Steel).
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Must have proficiency in the following software or system: MS Office, Windows 95/NT, XP, and MS Exchange.
- Must demonstrate analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems with little or no assistance.
- Three years general PC trouble shooting is preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to perform duties assessing problems, challenges and solutions under minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail for all projects assigned.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Hands on energetic and motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work overtime; weekends and on-call after hours.
- Ability to travel to off-site properties to troubleshoot computer equipment and software.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
- Ability to meet Specific Job Requirements and perform Position Responsibilities for this position.
- Ability to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Ability to be alert to customer needs to remedy or present a solution to a question, service request or service breakdown.
- Ability to bring about results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise with or without supervision.
- Ability to be tactful and polite, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; handle all situations honestly.
- Ability to maintain standards despite pressing deadlines; to do work right the first time.
- Ability to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures; recognize and comply with written rules or practices.
- Ability to adapt and interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds, be of service to potentially difficult people, recognize the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
- Ability to develop a rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Ability to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and display team spirit.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery-to do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction, deal with service failures and prioritize customer or client needs.
Please rate the applicant's communication skills:
Please rate the applicant's grooming standards for the interview:
Please rate the applicant's technical knowledge of the job:
Please rate the applicant's work experience:
Please rate the applicant’s commitment to excellent guest service:
Posting Notes: || Pennsylvania || Bethlehem || United States || Information Technology || Full-Time || SANDS BETHWORKS GAMING LLC || INFORMATION TECHNOLGY (180-500-5300) || INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (180-500-5300-5300) || 5 - Administrative Support Workers || INFORMATION TECHNOLGY (180-500-5300) || Sands Bethlehem Pennsylvania || 9801 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.