The primary responsibility of the Assistant Server – In Suite Dining is to pre-set all table and tray orders so that they can be delivered in the most efficient and timely manner. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets up all table and tray orders with quick efficiency.
- Has complete knowledge of the menu for condiment setup.
- Checks orders prior to delivering so that all ordered product is in “best quality”.
- Handles hot food and hot liquids to set up table and tray orders.
- Expedites orders within the time quoted, with all the product ordered.
- Works in an appropriate non-hazardous manner, avoiding self injury and unsafe work methods.
- Must be regularly checked by supervisor to ensure proper handling of equipment and proper lifting techniques.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Provide a service or assistance to meet the needs of a guest, client or customer.
- Proper performance requires knowledge of a specific function or activity and familiarity with policies and procedures of the department.
- Comply with policies and procedures of the department or section in order to complete service satisfactorily.
- Proper performance requires some physical and mental dexterity in order to accomplish tasks associated with the completion of the service.
- Possess skills to expedite clerical processing, perform a service, evaluate information, and take action based upon information to complete a task or assignment or activity.
- Completion of a task or assignment requires use of equipment, tools or systems related to the proper performance of the service.
- Provide a service for others, and provide expertise based on information keyed, gathered, studied, processed or reviewed.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a 5 star/5 diamond, casino, restaurant or related hospitality area.
- Advanced understanding of food and beverage products including wine and spirits knowledge.
- Experience with point of sale equipment and/or computers.
- Have all necessary work cards (TAM and Health Card). Be thoroughly able to answer questions with a brief yet complete explanation of menu items, ingredients and preparation.
- Use proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to understand guest’s service needs.
- Available on all shifts as needed. Speak, read and write English clearly.
- Excellent professional presentation and grooming.
- Thorough knowledge of the property and the amenities the Venetian offers.
- Must be able to lift or carry 50 pounds unassisted and push, pull or move service carts up to 75 pounds when needed, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property. Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Food & Beverage || On-Call || VENETIAN CASINO RESORT || IN SUITE DINING (020-030-0305) || IN SUITE DINING SERVICE (020-030-0305-3050) || 9 - Service Workers || IN SUITE DINING (020-030-0305) || Palazzo || 2004 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.