The IT Services Manager is responsible for designing, creating and sustaining IT service delivery of Sands mission critical infrastructure in a 24/7/365 business environment.
- Lead a team of Technical Specialists and effectively teach, coach and mentor these direct reports to infuse IT service into their daily operations.
- Oversee IT Service Desk operations as the single point of contact for all Sands Team Member requests, incidents and escalation.
- Ensure staffing and resources are available to sustain 24/7 coverage then skillfully allocate resources, assign priorities and makes adjustments as needed to guarantee continuity of service.
- Manage Service Desk Team performance towards service level metrics, develop metrics to measure and assess team performance, and implement procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with business leaders and key stakeholders to craft a service-oriented and internal customer-focused IT Service environment.
- Conduct outreach to end users on service experience then incorporate findings into continual improvement plans.
- Keep close contact with IT leadership to enhance situational awareness of enterprise technology and its use/impact on Sands lines of business while improving ITIL practices within IT.
- Oversee configuration, deployment, and administration of technology to ensure successful integration into the enterprise environment including hardware, software and patch deployments, remote access, and enterprise applications for Sands business units and Team Members.
- Communicate with multiple Sands team members of varying technical skill and knowledge.
- Be tolerant of ambiguity, able to function comfortably, patiently and effectively in an uncertain environment.
- Exercise independent judgment and demonstrate a high degree of initiative with minimal direct supervision.
- Participate in an on-call rotation as an Incident Manager and escalation point when required yet not on-call as a “first responder”.
- Communicate with Sands Team Members while they are engaged in planning, monitoring, and implementing new solutions.
- Excellent open and proactive written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in team-oriented, matrix managed environment.
- Ability to influence and lead others (i.e. Project Manager and project teams).
- Possess a working knowledge of all department and company policies and procedures and Rules of Conduct and must enforce the same.
- Manage staff and organize department functions in accordance with company guidelines.
- Delegate tasks and department assignments or projects, meeting deadlines related to those assignments.
- Direct others in completion of a task or assignment. Render advice, and provide expertise or judgment based on information gathered, studied, analyzed or reviewed.
- Arrange timeline to complete tasks and department assignments or projects, and meet the deadlines related to those assignments.
- Work on actual project or service to help achieve the objectives of the department.
- Evaluate information to render an opinion or take action based on that information that will impact the department or function.
- Focus on achieving the goals or objectives of the department using available resources (staff and budgetary).
- Evaluate the schedule or timelines related to the completion of assignments, while maintaining service and/or product quality.
- Develop staff skills to enhance department effectiveness and manage resources to eliminate excess cost or unnecessary expenditures.
- Interview and make recommendation of candidates for new hire.
- Develop a working knowledge of all PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Sands appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Sands Customer Service Standards (Standards of Steel).
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience in technology service/support management.
- 3+ years leading a technical services support team.
- 5+ years working with Desktop OS such as Windows 8.1, 7 or earlier.
- Proven experience managing server OS 2012, 2008 R2 or earlier.
- Proven experience managing network connectivity. Ability to set up network ports for system availability (HP Procurve, Cisco)
- Experience managing virtual systems (Hypervisor, VMWare)
- Experience creating and implementing Service Management policies and their underpinning work flows.
- Highly skilled in problem solving to select, organize, and logically process relevant information (verbal, numerical, or abstract) to solve a problem including the ability to recognize subtle aspects of problems, identify relevant information then make balanced recommendations and decisions.
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification preferable with ability to obtain certification within first six months of employment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of business process development and improvement.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
- Ability to meet Specific Job Requirements and perform Position Responsibilities for this position.
- Ability to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Ability to be alert to customer needs to remedy or present a solution to a question, service request or service breakdown.
- Ability to bring about results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise with or without supervision.
- Ability to be tactful and polite, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; handle all situations honestly.
- Ability to maintain standards despite pressing deadlines; to do work right the first time.
- Ability to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures; recognize and comply with written rules or practices.
- Ability to adapt and interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds, be of service to potentially difficult people, recognize the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
- Ability to develop a rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Ability to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and display team spirit.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery-to do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction, deal with service failures and prioritize customer or client needs.
Please rate the applicant's communication skills:
Please rate the applicant's grooming standards for the interview:
Please rate the applicant's technical knowledge of the job:
Please rate the applicant's work experience:
Please rate the applicant’s commitment to excellent guest service:
Posting Notes: || Pennsylvania || Bethlehem || United States || Information Technology || Full-Time || SANDS BETHWORKS GAMING LLC || INFORMATION TECHNOLGY (180-500-5300) || INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (180-500-5300-5300) || 1.2 - First Mid-Level Officials and Managers || INFORMATION TECHNOLGY (180-500-5300) || Sands Bethlehem Pennsylvania || 7801 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.