The role of the Principal Systems Engineer is to role is to design and deploy Systems, Storage and virtual compute solutions to meet the requirements of core organizational functions, as well as evaluate and recommend technologies to meet those requirements. This role performs design review, sizing and compatibility assessments to ensure the reliability, integrity, and efficient operation of the infrastructure systems is sustained.
The Principal Systems Engineer will apply proven design concepts and analytical processes to determine project delivery milestones, resource efforts and timelines to meet business needs and will assist secondary engineers for complex issues through mentoring. This position requires a broad infrastructure background, and the ability to work with the business to understand and translate business requirements into technical infrastructure platform designs. This individual will provide level 3 technical support and will apply proven analytical, and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot complex issues and drive to root cause of system outages.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels and KPI objectives.
- Design and deploy new platforms and enhancements to existing infrastructure, software, and operating systems.
- Review technical requirements, establish project milestones and tasks and determine level of effort estimates for their completion.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware; conduct capacity planning as needed.
- Troubleshoot, identify and repair complex computer system issues for Servers, Active Directory, VMWare, application services and end-user issues while working within an enterprise environment.
- Conduct research on system platforms, architecture designs, services, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the enterprise computing industry.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and technologies to ensure security and integrity of the enterprise compute environment.
- Develop and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the organization’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop and execute test plans to measure infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform all work in a manner to ensure interoperability and maintain compliance of enterprise computing systems.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Implement and manage a systems capacity plan.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Understand and abide by Incident, Problem and Change management processes and procedures.
- Develop effective disaster recovery plans and high availability design strategies, and document and test these capabilities on a recurring basis.
- Interact with vendors, peers, and contractors to ensure secure, reliable systems implementations and upgrades are performed within project parameters.
- Respond to emergency system outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans, assisting other departments as required
- Provides recommendations to senior or executive IT management regarding product/vendor selection, technology evolution, and design strategies.
- Provide root cause analysis and develop and execute corrective action plans for resolution of complex technical issues related to platform and service performance disruptions
Consistent and regular attendance including on-call availability on a rotational basis, is an essential function of this job
Perform other related duties as assigned
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or similar technical program or acceptable industry and work experience
- 7+ years of Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, Group Policy and related enterprise operating software technologies.
- 7+ years of VMWare or comparable virtualization architecture design, implementation and support in a complex enterprise environment.
- 7+ years of Storage platform integration, support and tuning with Enterprise Storage solutions and software from 3Par, Hitachi, EMC or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory architecture, group policy management and security implementation.
- Hands on, demonstrable experience in multiple of the following technologies: Cisco UCS, HP Proliant, EMC VMax, Data Domain, RedHat, NetApp, F5, Infoblox, Solarwinds
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (MICS, PCI, SOX)
- Training and experience with ITSM practices.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Excellent documentation, communication and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to convey technology to non-technical stakeholders.
- Effective collaboration skills to mentor network, storage, database, telephony and other technical staff to ensure reliable integration of systems and processes.
- Flexibly to adapt to a changing environment while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be a self-starter with high integrity that is reliable, punctual, and dedicated to organizational excellence.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications and implement computer configurations that meet those documented requirements.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
- Extensive technical knowledge of current enterprise compute platforms and their implementation and administration in a highly virtualized and converged computing infrastructure including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and hybrid models.
- Documented expertise with systems configuration, security principles, and maintenance best practices.
- Advanced competence with monitoring tools, PowerShell and other scripting tools.
- Competence with fault isolation, testing procedures, and data mapping tools
- 21+ years of age
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Technical Certifications
- Current, relative industry certifications and continuing education.
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ever-changing environment
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Information Technology || Full-Time || VENETIAN CASINO RESORT || INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (020-500-5300) || IT INFRASTRUCTURE (020-500-5300-5336) || 3 - Technicians || INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (020-500-5300) || Venetian || 12841 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.