The primary responsibility of the financial analyst is to prepare and distribute corporate finance deliverables as well as participate in the quarterly earnings and annual budget processes. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Finance you will be responsible for evaluating the performance and financial metrics of Las Vegas Sands Corp. properties, including providing insightful and timely analyses for key business units such as gaming, entertainment, food & beverage, joint venture operations, retail administration, and hotel operations.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas Sands Corp.’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Key Performance Objectives
- Perform financial analyses of special projects, including the creation of complex data models and analytical output that adheres to department standards
- Prepares and distributes Corporate Finance deliverables and reports, including daily operating summaries, board operating report, and key business indicators
- Develop and analyze ad-hoc reports, presentations and financial analysis based on management requests.
- Coordinate the quarterly management discussion & analysis process with Investor Relations and all LVS properties in preparation for the earnings calls
- Assist in creation of annual operating & capital budgets and strategic plan materials
- Maintain database of industry and competitive statistics and data
- Analyze business performance and produces financial plans and forecasts
- Lead the analysis of business results, focused on variance versus expectations and understand changes in trends
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year institution required. Major in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Economics preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years’ work experience as a financial analyst desired
- Financial analysis experience in the hospitality and/or gaming industry or a corporate financial planning & analysis role or at a consulting firm, public accounting firm, asset manager, or investment bank desirable
- Must possess strong mathematical acumen with a solid understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Superior PC skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel/MS PowerPoint/ MS Word
- Demonstrable experience in modeling and analysis required
- Knowledgeable in the areas of planning and analytical methods including budgeting
- Ability to prepare various business cases. This analysis that is done by the Financial Analyst will help senior management make business critical decisions
- Strong strategic and problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Gaming or Hospitality Operations experience preferred
- Ability to Travel
- 21 years of age
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in standard English in written and oral business communications
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with frequent interruptions or distractions
- Adapt to frequent changes in workload and be able to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate while completing tasks within established time frames
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with fellow Team Members, management, outside contacts, guest and the public
- Ability to meet the basic physical requirements of an office environment including moving freely and frequently about an office, accessing computers and related technologies using peripheral equipment and operating other office equipment
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Finance || Full-Time || LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP || CORPORATE FINANCE (001-400-4007) || CORPORATE FINANCE (001-400-4007-4007) || 2 - Professionals || CORPORATE FINANCE (001-400-4007) || Las Vegas Sands Corporate || 4681 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.