The primary responsibility of the Front Office Agent is to provide Unmatched Guest Service during the check-in and check-out process, registering guests, rendering bills, and receiving cash and credit payments. The Front Office Agent is also responsible for assisting guests with questions, directions, miscellaneous information and resolving guest disputes in a professional manner while maintaining service standards in order to enhance the overall guest experience. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Maintains positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Obtains assigned bank and ensures accuracy of contracted monies.
- Checks guests in and out, in a speedy, efficient and friendly matter according to Front Office Service Standards.
- Maintains confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Possess skills to expedite clerical processing, perform a service, evaluate information, and take action based upon information to complete a task or assignment or activity.
- Completion of a task or assignment requires use of equipment, tools or systems related to the proper performance of the service. Provide a service for others, and provide expertise based on information keyed, gathered, studied, processed or reviewed.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Provide a service or assistance to meet the needs of a guest, client or customer.
- Proper performance requires knowledge of a specific function or activity and familiarity with policies and procedures of the department.
- Comply with policies and procedures of the department or section in order to complete service satisfactorily.
- Proper performance requires some physical and mental dexterity in order to accomplish tasks associated with the completion of the service.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- At least 18 years of age
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High school Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form.
- Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Availability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Front desk experience in a four or five star hotel/resort preferred.
- Candidate must possess a stable job history and be able/willing to work all shifts upon start date.
- One year continuous face-to-face guest service experience, preferably in a high-end customer service environment.
- Possess the ability to reflect a professional image.
- Previous experience with LMS and PC software programs (MS Word, Excel), basic typing skills, excellent guest service skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to maintain a positive/upbeat personality at all times in order to assist guests with questions, directions, check-in/ check-outs, and other information regarding the Hotel/Casino to help create an Unmatched Guest Service experience.
- Strong technical/reservation systems experience preferred.
- Six months previous cash handling experience required, preferably in a high-end hotel/casino environment.
- Must be able to stay calm and maintain a positive image when dealing with highly stressful situations involving guest disputes and check-in/check-out procedures.
- Bi-Lingual in a second language other than English is preferred, but not required.
- Actively seek opportunities to up-sell, illustrating the benefits of particular suite types that would best suit the guest's needs.
- Full comprehension of the English Language is required along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while under pressure, meeting deadlines, and working extended hours as required.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Must be able to frequently move freely about the office, maintain manual dexterity to access a computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, etc. Withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods, and prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction.
- Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke, and be able to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to lift, twist, bend, and carry a minimum of 30 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
- Must have good manual dexterity to be able to type, grab, grip, pull, hold, tear, sort, reach, and file appropriate paperwork and common office equipment.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Ability to operate the following equipment: computer, 10 key adding machine, electronic key machine, phones, credit card swiper, printer, fax machine, copier machine, and other common office equipment.
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Front Office || On-Call || VENETIAN CASINO RESORT || HOTEL (020-020-0200) || FRONT OFFICE (020-020-0200-2200) || 9 - Service Workers || HOTEL (020-020-0200) || Venetian || 9481 || Regular ||
About LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVSC) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino (The Venetian Las Vegas), The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino (The Palazzo) and The Sands Expo and Convention Center (the Sands Expo Center) in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel (The Venetian Macao) and the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip (the Four Seasons Macao) in Macao, People's Republic of China (China). The Company is creating a master-planned development of integrated resort properties, anchored by The Venetian Macao. In addition, the Company is developing Marina Bay Sands, an integrated resort in Singapore, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the Sands Bethlehem), an integrated resort in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.