Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
The Engineering Intern is assigned to a project location for a 10-12 week, full-time summer program. Each Intern will be provided a Mentor who will assign daily activities and assist with training. Engineering Interns are encouraged to ask questions and seek challenging tasks.
Responsibilities may include the following:
* Field office engineering tasks
* Interaction with Project Foreman and Superintendent
* Working with the crew onsite
* Exposure to safety, survey and quality control tasks as required
* May work with HCSS heavy bid software Primavera job scheduling software
* Currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S. degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
* Excellent written verbal communication skills
* Desires a career in heavy civil construction management
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Reliable transportation
* Must be able to legally work in the United States on a permanent basis
S.A. Healy is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Lane Construction Corporation.
The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane's unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
About LANE CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION
The Lane Construction Corporation is a privately held company founded in 1890 by railroad engineer John S. Lane. After leaving his position with the New York-New Haven & Hartford Railroad, where he had worked for 23 years, he leased land in Meriden, Connecticut and opened his first stone crushing plant. With the invention of the automobile and the need for improved roads, Lane became a pioneer in the development of macadamized pavements, which launched the company into the 20th century as the leading builder of roads throughout the Northeast.
The company was incorporated in the state of Connecticut in 1902. Today, Lane completes more than $800 million of work each year in more than 20 states. The company is ranked among the top 50 contractors in the nation by ENR (Engineering News Record) and consistently ranks among the top 5 contractors specializing in transportation projects.
Major subsidiaries now include Rea Contracting, LLC, a $300 million a year highway and bridge contractor in North and South Carolina. Annual revenues comprise of a balanced mix of construction contracts and construction material sales from aggregates, transit mix, precast concrete products and asphalt paving materials.